Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbering system

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ATCOSTEEL
484 Views, 1 Reply

Numbering system

How can I let system save 2d detail drawing with prefix of project number instead of s(for single part) and a ( for an assembly)

also how do I achieve to have main part number and assembly number for that part the same .  Example: Single part : C1  Assembly CA1

how do I get numbering with single disgit rather than 0001,0002 etc.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnjmbennett
in reply to: ATCOSTEEL

Hi, 

so you question covers several different areas of the numbering and drawing system,   try to address in a forum post, but you may have to look deeper in the AKN for AS itself.

Q: how can I let system save 2d detail drawing with prefix of project number instead of s(for single part) and a ( for an assembly)

A:   ok , before saying you can remove this from the file name selector, as it is only a text reference,  you should consider this is the only way currently in the document manager to group the drawings by the Reference of assembly or single part or General arrangement,  The letter provides a very basic sorting by letter, grouping said parts and assemblies,   if you remove this then it will use the prefix of the part/Assembly and place in ascending order of those prefixes,   so   C/ CA/  B /BA etc.   mixing single and assemblies into the each other.  

to change this you need to access the file name selectors in question, and remove the text value for S or A,  this can be done in the user part of the system.  

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ADSTPR/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-F01010D5-4FAB-4F07-AE16-23282987C085

Q: also how do I achieve to have main part number and assembly number for that part the same .  Example: Single part : C1  Assembly CA1

A:  if you wish you would need to create a custom prefix table,  the prefix table is based around model role and section type etc,    under the role for column you would need to enter the C  for single part and CA for Assemble,    you can do this in the user part of the system,  you must also set this to be the current profile.    You would need to do this for the required model roles.      This can be done at a database level, by creating a custom prefix profile and entering a new set of values,    but most users would do with within the prefix editor.   this also depends upon contry install , as different countries have different prefix configs.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU...

Q: how do I get numbering with single disgit rather than 0001,0002 etc.

A:  Assuming this is in the drawing output name,Typically this occurs when the Drawing number token is used in the file name,  (%Flat),  from my experience you should always try to have the ( )  at the Name String  in the File name selector which part of the Drawing process manager and the process being used to create the drawing from,   this also applies if you are using part numbers,  you need to have this end to the string to control the zeros in the file name.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Also in parts and assemblies you need to have the Sequence element of the file name selector present with value set,  i have never found a way not to have this suffix element present in those drawings.

Cheers

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report