Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Name

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2353 Views, 10 Replies

Drawing Name

Hi,

Is it possible for the drawing name to be the same as the part number.

For Example: p1001 is the part number. So I want the drawing name to be automated the same.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
johnjmbennett
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to adjust the file name selector , create a new one to use the part reference token, in the file name selector , also in the prototype, pageheader block the token for drawing number is replaced with the one for single position number(part reference)

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Ad...

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
arkli2009

Based on my knowledge of AS. It is impossible to do that. U need other programs to change the file name.
Message 4 of 11
johnjmbennett

The post above is not correct, you just need to use the correct tokens in the page header and the file name selector , this is set automatically for the uk version to create parts and assembly drawings

John Bennett
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
CHRIS_ASDL
in reply to: johnjmbennett

As @johnjmbennett said this is definitely possible.

Drawing name.PNG

Kind Regards

Chris
Message 6 of 11
arkli2009

Please amaze me. I want my drawing names come out of box like this:
B001-A.pdf Without any secondary touches.
Please please show us.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Message 7 of 11
CHRIS_ASDL
in reply to: arkli2009

I am no expert in this area but I will help where I can. I'm sure @johnjmbennett will explain more clearly.

As john said in the previous post. This Is controlled by the file name selector - reference token, in the file name selector in the drawing process manager. You will have to modify the drawing name to include Part No.

Drawing name.PNG

There are a few threads on this forum which you might find useful.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/advance-steel-forum/where-is-the-sp-prefix-in-my-drawing-name/td-p/70...

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards

Chris
Message 8 of 11
johnjmbennett

Sorry I have not had time this week really , The prototype page header token is POS_NUM Piece mark of object

Place this where the drawing number would be, you could use the drawing number as the sheet reference.

In the file name selector in the drawing process , create a file name selector with the required reference, there are some limits , but the token % PosNum or %SinglePartPosNum

To increase the zeros before the 1 figure you need to adjust the assembly numbering dialog to include pre zeros, 2/3 etc.

This does all depend on the initial numbering process which for U.K. We use a very simple one, as we make the drawing number the part number and with use of the correct tokens, the file name and drawing number appear the same.

John Bennett

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
arkli2009
in reply to: CHRIS_ASDL

Thanks for your help. 

This is what I got before. Is there anything I missed? 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/advance-steel-forum/batch-plot-drawing-file-extension-name-off/m-p/71...

Message 10 of 11
johnjmbennett

So that is a different thread and suitation, here the user was asking about how to name the drawing so it was the same as the part number,

You thread is over how the plot batch opition work for plotting and file names coming from that secondary process.

I would try the autocad publish opition, set publish to PDF , I set the PDF preset to autocad high quality .

When using this autocad command, there are opition for multi sheet and single sheet, the file name comes out with just PDF on the end of the file name.

The command is "publish", I use that most of the time, just load the detail drawings, save these as publish sheet sets to recall.

Then set the location to be within the project folder structure.

The files create, do not take through the dwg element, as I see the advance steel publish opition does.

Hope that helps.

John Bennett

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
Adrian.Mangan
in reply to: arkli2009

This video by kirk should help, around 6 minutes on, there are also other videos you will see related to this on you tube.

https://youtu.be/LKAg4vcB9Q4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report