Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculate Coating for assembly

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
GHASEM_ARIYANI
1291 Views, 2 Replies

calculate Coating for assembly

How to calculate the The amount of coating on the surface of a model assembly. for exampel paint.

coating.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

Go to Output tab, BOM templates and under Assembly lists run the Assembly List template and you will get the paint area.

Assembly List.JPG

If you want this to appear on your drawings then you will need to modify your title block to insert the material list you want. I use the assembly drawings with the Assembly list and that is sufficient for my customers.

Message 3 of 3
l_taylor2
in reply to: Anonymous

Is there a way to get the same results on the drawing lists? I tried making a modified material list on the drawing that shows the coating area: %Paint   Which gives me the paint area per part, and I can do a %Sumby:%Paint to get the total at the bottom of the list. But if there is more than one part in the assembly (for example 4pcs connection clip) the area is off, it only returns the value for one piece, not the total quantity. I tried %PaintInAssembly as well but that yields identical results. 

What is shown in the example above is what I'm after, coating area per part, summed for each set of identical parts, an totaled at the bottom of the list. Only I'd like it shown on the drawing list itself.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Levi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report