cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACC - Lack of Version Descriptions

ACC - Lack of Version Descriptions

Currently there is no manner in which you can give descriptions to specific versions of files (such as .dwg / .pdf).

I request that there be the ability to add comments or notes to specific versions of files, so that we can better track changes between versions (much easier than tracking through hundreds of file versions without knowing "when" a specific change was made.

vaughangiles7AGEV_0-1718756081200.png

While I acknowledge there are other ways of describing information (such as when issuing models via Design Collaboration and the creation of packages) there is no direct manner in which you can apply comments to versions of files and I believe it be an invaluable and yet very simple addition to the ACC tool-set.

Please, add this capability to ACC.

5 Comments
Chad-Smith
Advisor

This is an ongoing and significant omission for a CDE, and especially for a DMS.

It's not just the Description, but for all attributes, including those that are custom.

Documents stored in Files lacks history transparency and accountability. It really needs to be addressed.

Reed_Weinstock
Advocate

This needs to be extended to published version of Revit files. I have no idea was version 108 is. Was it for a clash detection meeting or because someone needed to download the latest model. Please let us add description to file versions

Hi everyone,

I am proud to announce that Autodesk has now implemented this level of version history control, via the use of Attribute data.

e.g.

vaughangiles7AGEV_0-1722375587334.png

Chad-Smith
Advisor

I hope this implementation is extended to integrate with the File Activities.

Files // Version History improvements - Autodesk Community

So do I! I have now voted on your post 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.

Autodesk Design & Make Report