Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance steel model retains model views

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
iwafb
277 Views, 3 Replies

Advance steel model retains model views

Hi All,

I have uploaded a model to A360 Team and it seems to have retained the model view. That is, the model is showing clipped and I can't seem to control this or layer display within A360 so that the recipients can view the whole model.

Can this be controlled?

Thanks.

Dart

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: iwafb

Hi Dart

I don't have Advanced Steel, but I just did a quick test using AutoCAD 2018.  I created a simple 3D drawing and adding a layout to it.  Then created multiple views using the AutoCAD View command.  Note that I did need to wait for all the views to translate before I was able to view them, but I can see all the views I created. See screenshots below. Note that you may also want to do a zoom extents and save before you upload the file.  

Named Views Bud.jpg

Named Views Bud. 001jpg.jpg

Hope this helps and have a great day. 

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 4
iwafb
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Bud,

Thanks for your reply.

I assume this is an Advance Steel issue, but the A360 viewer is not showing the views like in your screen dump, so I can't control the display...

Cheers,

Dart

Message 4 of 4
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: iwafb

Thanks Dart for the update and yes, please check with the Advanced Steel guys on this. Also what happens if you create a DWF or DWFx does that work?
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report