Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help me!Please! 3dsmax2023.2 可编辑多边形(Editable Poly_Chamfer)

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
486 Views, 6 Replies

help me!Please! 3dsmax2023.2 可编辑多边形(Editable Poly_Chamfer)

I use MAX2023.2 editable polygons — chamfer, crash, stuck。

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DanielCantin
in reply to: 951220590

Thanks @951220590  for reporting the issue.

As you reported, this affect only 2023.2 and chamfer, more precisely on free/open edges, we are working on a fix, loading files that have this kind of chamfer can also cause a freeze when loading them in 2023.2. We greatly appreciate all the help we received from the community, like your description of what cause the issue, we are very sorry for the trouble it can cause.

Here a few other related forum post:
2023.2 Broke my scene
-
 Chamfering any edge on an open mesh causes 3Ds Max 2023.2 to hang up and load CPU to 100%
URGENT - 2023.2 update cannot open scenes created previous 2023 version?

Reverting back to 2023.1

Daniel Cantin
QA, 3ds Max
Entertainment Creation Products, DCP
Message 3 of 7
in reply to: DanielCantin

Is there any way to fix it before the 2023.3 patch appears?

Message 4 of 7
in reply to: DanielCantin

This is really a very common command, please give a compromise solution. Thank you very much for your reply!
Message 5 of 7
DanielCantin
in reply to: 951220590

We are working on the fix and are planning to release it as soon as it is ready.

Daniel Cantin
QA, 3ds Max
Entertainment Creation Products, DCP
Message 6 of 7

I am pleased to share that an update to 3ds Max, version 2023.2.2, is now available to download through the Autodesk Desktop App (ADA) or through the manage.autodesk.com download portal. This update resolves an issue with Chamfer operations in 3ds Max 2023.2 which resulted in the software entering an endless loop and becoming unresponsive either when loading files (locking up at 73% load) or when applying a Chamfer (through the Chamfer modifier, or Editable Poly or the Edit Poly modifier) to edges that connected to an open edge on your mesh data when using “Limit Effect”.

On behalf of the 3ds Max team I would like to thank everyone who took the time to share their scenes and report this issue to us, your help enabled us to quickly confirm and resolve the issue.

I would also like to take another opportunity to apologize for this issue. We are all as deeply disappointed as you are that this issue shipped with 2023.2, and we hope that with 2023.2.2, and future releases of 3ds Max, will resume the positive trend of releases that provided the stability, features, and functionality that assists you to create expressive content and share creative experiences in your work.

Logan Foster
Product Owner at Autodesk for 3ds Max

Message 7 of 7

Hi, I still have a similar issue after the update. I have a very simple test object, started as a editable spline, added an edit Poly.

Wenn I select a horizontal edge and hit the Chamfer settings button, Max crashes 100% with an overload on the CPU.

i will attach the Max file.

- Jeroen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report