Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max project showcase!

72 REPLIES 72
Message 1 of 73
hagen.deloss
6751 Views, 72 Replies

3DS Max project showcase!

Hi 3DS Max Forums! 

I want to kick off a project showcase here on the 3DS Max forums! We have similar fun threads on other Autodesk forums like the Inventor Friday PicturesThis community is such a creative, inspiring space to be in, I wanted to see what y'all are up to in Max?!? Let's keep it simple the first time around, so here are some basic rules. 

• Limit to 5 images maximum per post 
  • Limit to 1 video per post 
  • Compliments over critiques 
  • Treat others with respect! Here is a complete list of forum rules 
  • You can post any creative project you are working on using 3DS Max in your pipeline, just make sure it doesn't conflict with the previously linked rules! 

I'm going to kick things off with a little project I did during my first month of training here at Autodesk. Super excited to see everyone's projects! 

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

72 REPLIES 72
Message 41 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: hagen.deloss

pavel.3dtv_catering_premises.jpgpavel.3dtv_catering_premises2.jpgpavel.3dtv_newton_commercial_apple_chars.jpg

First image is an illustration of catering premises for their web site. Second - a poster made from the animations I did for TV commercials.

3ds max 2016, vray

Message 42 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I really like these hyper-detailed illustrations.

Message 43 of 73
hagen.deloss

Wow, there are so many new cool things to look at here!!! @hasen3d your car model is really coming along, super awesome, I'm excited to see how the final project turns out!!

@Anonymous I'm loving these outdoor renders, they feel like part of a larger scene. I envision an abandoned farmland down a dirt driveway a mile outside a small rural town...maybe they don't use the tractor any more and its overgrown with vines. Really great visual storytelling.

@Anonymous Your first renders really scratch a mental itch of organization and order. I love the layout and color palatte too, great work!

Hagen Deloss

Message 44 of 73
hasen3d

tires ...!!

sdfsdf.jpgfinal.jpg

Message 45 of 73
marc.pat
in reply to: hasen3d

My 3d model create in 3ds max and paint with Viewport Canvans.

I create this model for sell it on Turbosquid.

FUG OT 65 Scout CarFUG OT 65 Scout Car

Message 46 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: marc.pat

Another computer killing fluid sim!

Message 47 of 73
Anonymous

Misty Morning

PathPark_AS.jpg

Message 48 of 73
hagen.deloss

Heya @Anonymous,

What are you using to render on those scenes? I would love to pick your brain on the way you handle ground materials and grass. Are you using the hair & fur system in max?

Here is a render that I've been trying to get to look right using the hair & fur with Arnold.

grass_test_03.jpg

I would love any tips anyone can pass along 😄

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!!

Hagen Deloss

Message 49 of 73
marc.pat

Hello This is my last 3ds model create in 3ds max 2019, I use the New Shape booleans and the plugin Lazercut.

After I save for 3ds max 2016 and Render in Vray Next and Mental ray

I sell the 3d model on Ts.

For Italian Customer I make and sell the Tutorial on Ts. 

Best regards.

Marcello. 

005e_Alkett.png

005_Alkett.png

Message 50 of 73
hagen.deloss

@marc.pat

I love the clean presentation renders, it would be cool to see your lighting setup on this 😄

Thanks for sharing your work!

Hagen Deloss

Message 51 of 73
marc.pat

Hello Hagen, for the lighting I use and hdri texture with color correction on the enviroment, you can saturate or desaturare the hdri and maneger with color correction the color blendig in the scene, if is present.

Best regards 

Marcello.

Message 52 of 73
marc.pat

3ds max 2019.2 and Honey Fluid Rendering in Arnold with cpu Amd 1800 X.

Message 53 of 73
Anonymous

The honey looks good, the shader is nice, but it looks like it the master voxel size needs to be smaller.  The tearing at the end isn't how honey would normally respond to being poured like that.  

Keep it up.

S.

Message 54 of 73
Anonymous

@hagen.deloss  Sorry for the stupid delay in this, life took a real sideways turn for a while.. then I had to travel and now just playing catch up with everything really.

I use Forest Pack Pro for my scattering.  There are MULTIPLE splines in that ground layout and I use the chairs as 'collision' objects also to impact the way the grass is growing around them.  There are a couple of different layers mixed in there for the grass then the weeds / flowers etc.  The leaves on the ground leverage the spline that parts the grass down the actual path in the middle.  The ground itself is a plane with an Arnold Properties modifier attached to it.  Th displacement in the modifier is a heightmap and the ground itself is a Arnold standard surface with the base colour, specular roughness and normal piped into it.  The normal is fed from the bitmap -> map output -> normal map -> normal slot.

You HAVE to make sure that you enable subdivisions in the displacement and use maybe 4 or 5 with Catmul as the type (depends on your desired effect).

Ground fog was a fkn nightmare to get correct!

Hope that helps.

Message 55 of 73
marc.pat

@Anonymous wrote:

The honey looks good, the shader is nice, but it looks like it the master voxel size needs to be smaller.  The tearing at the end isn't how honey would normally respond to being poured like that.  

Keep it up.

S.

Thanks for the suggestions Steve. 

I work on it again.

Best.

Marcello. 

Message 56 of 73
hagen.deloss

@Anonymous

Happy you are back, I hope the sideways course corrected 😄

Dang, I can't argue with the results, the organic scattering grass and leaves you get from forestpack are wonderful. 

@marc.pat

I'm really looking forward to seeing more, I really like the rendering and texture color, it really sells the honey.

Hagen Deloss

Message 57 of 73

Hello group,
This video shows how to export a complex animation of a flag to FBX.
regards

Message 58 of 73
marc.pat

@hagen.deloss wrote: 

@marc.pat

I'm really looking forward to seeing more, I really like the rendering and texture color, it really sells the honey.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Hagen, at the end i create a new video for the Honey with more viscosity, and for italian customer I create and sell a new video tutorial in 3ds max 2019 for the fluid.

Best regards. Marcello.

Message 59 of 73
Anonymous

I love that max gets more users than Maya 😄

I like max more than Maya and that makes me happy 

Message 60 of 73
Anonymous

rende3.jpgI'm new at rendering 😛

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report