Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max project showcase!

72 REPLIES 72
Message 1 of 73
hagen.deloss
7131 Views, 72 Replies

3DS Max project showcase!

Hi 3DS Max Forums! 

I want to kick off a project showcase here on the 3DS Max forums! We have similar fun threads on other Autodesk forums like the Inventor Friday PicturesThis community is such a creative, inspiring space to be in, I wanted to see what y'all are up to in Max?!? Let's keep it simple the first time around, so here are some basic rules. 

• Limit to 5 images maximum per post 
  • Limit to 1 video per post 
  • Compliments over critiques 
  • Treat others with respect! Here is a complete list of forum rules 
  • You can post any creative project you are working on using 3DS Max in your pipeline, just make sure it doesn't conflict with the previously linked rules! 

I'm going to kick things off with a little project I did during my first month of training here at Autodesk. Super excited to see everyone's projects! 

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

72 REPLIES 72
Message 61 of 73
hagen.deloss
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

This is awesome!! I really like the red texture. The render is a little washed out with the white light, but I almost like it better that way, it makes the red of the airplane stick out even more.

Thanks for sharing, excited to see more of your work  😄

Hagen Deloss

Message 62 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: hagen.deloss

Thanks for that, the spinning one.. yeh my computer was pretty dazed by the time it finally sim'd 😉

ព័័តមានកីឡាបាល់ទាត់

livescore

Message 63 of 73
studioG433M

Hi !

So I thought I could show some of my recent work...

Those pictures are taken directly from max viewport.

All of those meshes have single smoothing group and their vertex normals are aligned using Vertex Normal Toolkit.

So while their polycount is low, you can archive a very polished result with no light artifacts whatsoever.

Script made by me ... for sell. Full description here.

Message 64 of 73
hagen.deloss

Hi everyone,

I realized I didn't have a test scene recently, so I made one and started messing around with Arnold render settings (testing Glass first hahah).

Anyway, here is what I came up with real quick! Anyone got some Arnold Pointers for me?

ArnoldRender2019_testscene2.png

I was mainly testing mapping an HDR image into the reflections of the glass but got carried away 😄

Hagen Deloss

Message 65 of 73
marc.pat

@hagen.deloss wrote:

Hi everyone,

I realized I didn't have a test scene recently, so I made one and started messing around with Arnold render settings (testing Glass first hahah).

Anyway, here is what I came up with real quick! Anyone got some Arnold Pointers for me?

I was mainly testing mapping an HDR image into the reflections of the glass but got carried away 😄

Nice Glass Hagen..  Smiley Happy

this is my glass in Arnold and 3ds max Smiley Happy

016_Granchio_Green.png

Message 66 of 73
gustavo.bergoya
in reply to: marc.pat

Hello Hagen, excellent work.
What is an HDR image?

Regards

Message 67 of 73
hagen.deloss

@marc.pat 

Glass CRAAAB, I love it hahaha!

I noticed a little granular/fuzzy areas in both our renders, and found this documentation on the subject...do you think that's a default setting in Arnold that we need to hunt down? 

@gustavo.bergoya 

An HDR image is a high resolution image (High Dynamic Range Imaging) that provides lighting when brought into some 3D programs, here is a more in depth video explaining how they work. HDR images can also be used for glass reflections 😄

The setup for an HDRI lighting scheme  would depend on the Render Engine being used. 

Hagen Deloss

Message 68 of 73
Danmitch1

Arnold is a gpu renderer no? If so you must let the render go longer to clean up the grain.

Message 69 of 73
marc.pat

@hagen.deloss wrote:

@marc.pat 

Glass CRAAAB, I love it hahaha!

I noticed a little granular/fuzzy areas in both our renders, and found this documentation on the subject...do you think that's a default setting in Arnold that we need to hunt down? 

is as write Danmitch1, you need only more time in rendering to remove the noise.

if you like on my web page there are some video, but is in italian.

http://www.tutors3d.com/36--arnold-materiali.html

best.

Marcello. 

Message 70 of 73
Anonymous

A bit of a Thanos inspired portal.  I used Phoenix for this and put a torus in the middle of the emission ring and turned it into a vray mesh light.  I added the same noise as used for the smoke to just try and randomise the look of the light a little.

Message 71 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This that go BOOM 🙂

Three explosion emitters, the third being a larger one with a pflow debris system added to it also.

Message 72 of 73
hagen.deloss

Hello all!

I really miss posting to threads like this, seeing what everyone is making in 3ds Max, Maya, and other creative tools is a huge driver of my own creative work 😄

On that note, I wanted to point you all to my colleague @lynn_zhang 's newly created Forums thread "M&E Project Showcase" in the Media & Entertainment Artists Lounge. I hope to join in and render some fun content to post over there, and maybe I will see some of you there?

Huge shout out to all the amazing talent in this old thread @Anonymous @marc.pat @Anonymous @Danmitch1 @madsd @hasen3d @Anonymous @studioG433M , and so many others...yall rock, if you have any friends or professional contacts you think would like another platform to share their work, the previously mentioned forum may be juuust the spot for them 😄

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy!!

Warm regards -Hagen

Hagen Deloss

Message 73 of 73
lynn_zhang

Thank you @hagen.deloss for this awesome idea! I'm excited to get this fun activity rolling again 😊

See y'all there in the Artists Lounge!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report