Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRED background color

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
5725 Views, 5 Replies

VRED background color

Hello,

I started to use VRED for a car rendering and I want to change the background color as a 'white' one(like a Keyshot default background).

But, even I put some white material on a background and render it, all of stuffs are quite dark..

I've tried lots of times to change it to a white, I cannot find right one.

I also watched some videos related to Vred by Youtube and basically the background color is white at those videos.

I want to change it like that..

Please help me.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Edit >Preferences > Render Options > Visualization Advanced > Background, click on each set of numbers and Choose Color (white for both), Apply.

Make sure you turn off Is Visible for your Environment Material.

You can also play with Background Color in Render Settings.  I forget how that works exactly- has something to do with OpenGL vs. RT renders.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I got it. Thank you so much~:-)

Message 4 of 6
Jonny.Murty

Make sure you turn off Is Visible for your Environment Material.

Can you elaborate on this please? I cant find it and i'm guessing thats why my background colour choice doesnt work.
Message 5 of 6

In the Material Editor (Scene - Material Editor), select your environment material(s) e.g. Studio and uncheck "Is Visible" in the Environment Material frame.

Cheers,
Marcus

Marcus Fritzen
Principal Engineer
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: marcus_fritzen

Thanks for the information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report