Did you mean: 

LT Lines

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bhankeyDNXY7
676 Views, 3 Replies

LT Lines

I have a LT line in my drawing and want to designate the direction of flow for the water. When I draw an arc line, the LT designation is going the opposite direction that I want to show. I have tried the reverse function and that is not working. Is there a command to reverse the direction of the LT line?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dlanorh
in reply to: bhankeyDNXY7

arc's are always drawn anticlockwise, you cannot reverse them. You will need to convert the arc to a polyline before reversing it.

I am not one of the robots you're looking for

Message 3 of 4
Kent1Cooper

@bhankeyDNXY7 wrote:

I have a LT line in my drawing and want to designate the direction of flow for the water. When I draw an arc line, the LT designation is going the opposite direction that I want to show. I have tried the reverse function and that is not working. Is there a command to reverse the direction of the LT line?

Assuming you don't  mean you're using AutoCAD LT  [which can't use AutoLisp routines], but that LT is a text element in a linetype definition, you can use ReverseDirection.lsp with its RD command, available >here<.  It reverses the direction of more kinds of things than AutoCAD's REVERSE command does, and was written with your situation in mind, specifically because  REVERSE can't do an Arc [or a Circle -- same problem with the only-CCW drawn direction].  As @dlanorh pointed out, an Arc needs to be converted to a Polyline, and that's exactly what RD does.  See the comments at the top of the file for more information.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 4
Sea-Haven

Done this a lot, without code, if you have say line arc line, lines are correct arc is incorrect then use pedit pick line with correct direction then join other segments. Sometimes need to reverse the 1st line then use pedit join. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta