delete odbx layout, delete layout of current opened DWG

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
SAPER59
1577 Views, 18 Replies

delete odbx layout, delete layout of current opened DWG

I make a SAVEAS with opened file

Then I open the new file in ODBX mode because need to erase some layouts, but instead of delete the layouts of this new file opened in odbx mode, it point to the layouts with same name in current dwg and erase the layouts in this file instead in the odbx

I use

(setq fileName_doc (odbx-con)) ;open dwg in dbx mode
(vla-open fileName_doc fname)
(setq llayouts (vla-get-layouts fileName_doc)) ;get layouts of dbx opened 
(setq lquedan (list "ZFER 01" "ZFER 02"))
(vlax-for lay llayouts
(setq laynam (vla-get-name lay)) ;nombre
(if (not (member laynam lquedan))
(vla-delete lay)
)
)
(vla-saveas fileName_doc fname)
(vlax-release-object fileName_doc)

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong or how can I solve the problem.

Handent of objects both files are the same because is a saveas, 

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Sea-Haven
in reply to: SAPER59

I tried this, you will need to download from www.lee-mac.com his OBDX lisp, you will need to redo how you pass the dont delete.

(defun c:test2 ( / _dellayout )
(if (not LM:ODBX)(load "ObjectDBXWrapperV1-2.lsp"))
(defun _dellayout ( doc )
(vla-delete (vla-item (vla-get-layouts Doc) "Layout2") )
(vla-Close doc :vlax-false)
)
(LM:ODBX '_dellayout (list "D:\\Alan\\test.dwg") T)
(princ)
)
(c:test2)
Message 3 of 19
SAPER59
in reply to: Sea-Haven

Thanks, sea.heaven  but it still delete the LAYOUT from current opened DWG (in this case "DEMO.DWG") instead of deleting the layout in that opened in DBX mode ("ZFER 02.DWG")

I have attached both test dwg I have opened demo.dwg and need to delete in this case the "ZFER 02" layout in the "ZFER 02.DWG" opened in DBX mode.

I don't understand why it points to current opened doc instead to DBX mode opened doc

Thanks again

Message 4 of 19
_Tharwat

Hi,

You can not delete any layout with the use of ObjectDBX as far as I know, so you need to have the database of your drawing current to be able to delete a certain layout.

Message 5 of 19
Sea-Haven
in reply to: _Tharwat

It is a bit weird it worked yesterday but not today, The doc variable is in lee's code which is the OBDX of the dwg to be changed I know I use doc so will look to see if its being duplicated some where. Get an error that layout does not exist.

Going to do a reboot now and test again.

Message 6 of 19
trevor.bird.au

Hi Gustavo,

Please try the code below which opens the drawing to be processed in the Documents collection of the current session of AutoCAD.

Once opened, the layout can be deleted, and then the drawing saved as a new name, and then closed.

I've opened the source drawing in read-only mode as a safe guard.

Substitute your file paths, drawing names and layout names where I've highlighted in red.

(setq col_Documents (vlax-get-property (vlax-get-acad-object) 'Documents)

;  Open method:
        ;    RetVal = object.Open(Name [, ReadOnly] [, Password])
        ;  Open source drawing in read-only mode
        obj_Document  (vlax-invoke-method col_Documents' Open "C:\\Temp\\ZFER 02.DWG" :vlax-true)

; Get Layouts collection col_Layouts (vlax-get-property obj_Document 'Layouts) ; Use 'Item method with vl-catch-all-apply in case the layout does not exist obj_Layout (vl-catch-all-apply 'vlax-invoke-method (list col_Layouts 'Item "ZFER 02")) );setq (if (not (vl-catch-all-error-p obj_Layout)) ; Layout "ZFER 02" exists ; Delete layout (vlax-invoke-method obj_Layout 'Delete) );if (vlax-release-object col_Layouts) ; SaveAs method: ; object.SaveAs FileName [, FileType] [, SecurityParams] (vlax-invoke-method obj_Document 'SaveAs "C:\\Temp\\DEMO.DWG" acNative) ; Close method: ; object.Close [SaveChanges] [, FileName] (vlax-invoke-method obj_Document 'Close :vlax-true) (vlax-release-object obj_Document) (vlax-release-object col_Documents)

Regards,

Trevor

Message 7 of 19
Sea-Haven
in reply to: trevor.bird.au

The question was to not open the dwg hence use OBDX. 

The other alternative may be to use accoreconsole.exe which runs autocad like OBDX but using a script. Need to google some help.

Message 8 of 19
Sea-Haven

I tried this from CMD line as a 1st step in a batch file maybe script.

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2020\AcCoreConsole.exe"  /i D:\alan\test.dwg /s D:\Alan\test.scr

The script needs loop about which to delete at "xxxx" 

(setvar 'ctab "Model")
filedia 0
-layout
D
"XXXX"
close
N

Message 9 of 19
trevor.bird.au

Hi Alan,

All solutions to process the drawing will "open" the drawing.
ODBX "opens" the drawing.
"Open" is a method of ODBX and also a method of the Documents collection.
accoreconsole.exe also opens the drawing.

There are pros and cons with any of the ways to process a drawing; it just comes down to which ones allow the functionality required to do what you want to do with the drawing.

Regards,
Trevor
Message 10 of 19
Sea-Haven
in reply to: trevor.bird.au

Whilst accoreconsole.exe does open the drawing it does not open any display rather just runs the commands, whilst opening dwgs in a session doing something then saving is reasonably fast just using a normal script, as another method open 2 copies of Autocad and run a script in one of the sessions, whilst you work in the other. There will be overhead though in terms of processing power.

Message 11 of 19
SAPER59

I create different layouts inside a DGW, after that what I need is to create one DWG for each layout existing in this DWG, so I save  the current DWG with each layout name and then I suppose I would be able to delete the layouts that doesn't belong to each dwg in ODBX mode

If a layout can NOT be deleted in ODBX mode as mentioned before, I will have to open and close each DWG and erase all layouts that does not belong, it is not a good solution because the display will show each DWG been opening and closing.

It is srabge that this method of erase a layout can not be done in ODBX mode

Message 12 of 19
Sea-Haven

Ok your request is a bit different request than where I think some of us were going.

do save as for each layout name

write a script using layout names via lisp etc to open and close dwgs removing layouts starting with last dwg then close as you go.

The script could close the last dwg and using shell run a batch file using Accerconsole.

Message 13 of 19
dbhunia

@SAPER59 you can check the process of 5th message of 》This《 post once.......

Debashis Bhunia
Co-Founder of Geometrifying Trigonometry(C)
in reply to: dbhunia

not a prob 30+ years of programming lisp in the middle of testing something right now.

Message 15 of 19
dbhunia

Ok @Sea-Haven Sorry to disturb you, go ahead 😊 👍

Debashis Bhunia
Co-Founder of Geometrifying Trigonometry(C)

This appears to work tested on your dwg. It does not have any error checking for dwg exists so can be a problem.

A rule you can not have a layout in the dwg to be converted as the same name as a layout so I temp renamed ZFER 02 dwg to test.

The code is made in two parts the first reads the layout name and makes new dwgs, del layout1, it then writes a script to open each dwg and remove layouts, using Del layout2. Put the two lisps in a supported path so the 2nd can be found. Or set correct path to Del layout2.

It could all be rewritten to run under Accerconsole which should be a lot faster.

; Del layout1
; make new dwgs as layout name and delete all layouts that are not dwg name
; by alanH consulting Sep 2019
; https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/delete-odbx-layout-delete-layout-of-current-opened-dwg/m-p/9000435#M389386

(defun dellayout1 ( / allays lst pref lname fo)
(setvar 'ctab "Model")
(setvar 'filedia 0)
(setq alllays (vla-get-layouts (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))) 
(setq lst '())
(setq pref (getvar 'dwgprefix))
(vlax-for lay alllays
(setq lname(vla-get-name lay))
(if (/= lname "Model")
(progn
(setq lst (cons lname lst))
(command "saveas" "" (strcat pref lname))
)
)
)

; now write script for rest of layouts removes for other dwgs
(setq fo (open (strcat pref "layoutdel.scr") "w"))
(write-line (strcat "(load  " (chr 34)  "Del layout2.lsp" (chr 34) ")" ) fo )
(write-line "close n" fo)
(setq x (length lst))
(repeat (1- x)
(write-line(strcat  "open " (chr 34) pref (nth (setq x (1- x)) lst)(chr 34)) fo)
(write-line (strcat "(load  " (chr 34)  "Del layout2.lsp" (chr 34) ")" ) fo )
(write-line "close n" fo)
)
(close fo)

; load script
(command "script" (strcat pref "layoutdel.scr"))
)
(dellayout1)
; delete all layouts that do not match dwg name
; by alanH
; error check wise should make sure layout exists
(defun dellayout2 ( / dlname lay allays lname)
(setq dlname(cadr (fnsplitl (getvar 'dwgname))))
(setq alllays (vla-get-layouts (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object))))
(vlax-for lay alllays
(setq lname(vla-get-name lay))
(if (or (= lname dlname) ; need remove dwg
        (= lname "Model")
    )
(princ "\nSkip")
(vla-delete (vla-item alllays lname))
)
)
)
(dellayout2)

Message 17 of 19
SAPER59

Thanks sea.heaven

This could be a solution even if is not the right I need because there other things to arrange  that the app must do inside because each DWG will be different from the others, (delete some objects, modify others, etc) including the layouts. I told you the part that I was having problem 

I will try to arrange things to lunch an script at the end, but seems it will not let me do to finish the job as desired

Anyway it's a pitty that a layout can not be modified in ODBX and other type of objects can

Thanks for your effort, time  and dedication

Regards

Message 18 of 19
Sea-Haven

Happy to help

Remove the line to run the script and at least you have a starting point of a file you can alter. I would open in excel then you can insert rows etc with other stuff to do. Copy and paste to notepad as the final script file.

Message 19 of 19
SAPER59

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta