Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Integration with Inventor Publisher

Better Integration with Inventor Publisher

Hello,

We are just starting to use Inventor Publisher, and I've found that the Vault integration is a little too simplistic.  Currently I can't use the Where Used tab on a component or assembly to see if it is used in a Publisher document.  Also, I can't use the Uses tab on the Publisher document to see the component files.  Doing a Copy Design on an IAM file should give the option to also copy the Publisher document.  Basically, Vault should work with Publisher the same way that it works with Inventor.  It will be hard to control a revision scheme to Publisher literature documents if I can't use Vault to check against the component files.  I may do a dimensionsal change to a component and have no idea that component is used in a Publisher document.  Now my literature is incorrect and nobody has any idea unless they open the Publisher file.  It's a problem that I can easily see happening. 

Daniel Hermanson

3 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted
Hi Daniel, Thanks for submitting this request. We will monitor this request for other feedback from the community.
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report