Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI remnant when minizing Vault window

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
g.georgiades
214 Views, 4 Replies

GUI remnant when minizing Vault window

Hi - I have a strange behavior where if I minimize the vault client by clicking on the taskbar button, it leaves a ghost of the autodesk account combo box on my second monitor. It is still interactable.

ggeorgiades_2-1654624307571.png

If i minimize using the top-right minimize button, it does not show this ghost?

Does any one have any ideas why it is doing this? It started I believe in vault 2022.1 or 2022.2 and the version i have currently is 2023.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gandhey
in reply to: g.georgiades

Hello,

Please check if following helps :

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-forum/vault-log-in-button-stuck-in-corner/m-p/8658665

"Are you using dual monitors?  If so, I had the same issue and the only way I could fix it was to make my second monitor my Main Display and then that box jumped back to where it was supposed to be no matter what screen I had it on."

Regards,

Yogeshwar

(Vault team)  

Message 3 of 5
g.georgiades
in reply to: gandhey

After some experiments

There must be different windows events to detect clicking the minimize button vs other means to minimize the window.

Minimizing through the task bar either by clicking the taskbar button or shift+right click causes the gui remannt to show up.

ggeorgiades_4-1654687682430.png

Minimizing using the titlebar button or the titlebar gui does not show the login gui remnant

ggeorgiades_5-1654687850303.png

It will then only show up when my multi monitors are set up so my main monitor is to the right of my second monitor. (Doesn't matter #1 or #2 is main monitor) But it is also dependent on how the blocks are arranged. If the #2 is higher than #1, the gui piece moves down to line up with the top edge of monitor #1. If #2 is below #1 it doesn't show up at all. But based on this behavior - I am positive the login piece never actually minimizes, its just hidden "off screen"

Putting monitor #2 below #1 is not an acceptable solution because it means the mouse does not track correctly and I wont switch monitor sides for my setup. I primarily minimize windows using the taskbar so asking me change this habit for one program is also not a solution.

Login gui moved to line up with monitor one top edge

ggeorgiades_0-1654686733750.png

Login gui is "hidden" off screen when #1 is above #2

ggeorgiades_2-1654687109142.png

Using other tools to forcibly minimize the login gui piece, it just shows this IPMDialog box- so this tells me the login gui was coded in as a child window, likely to allow it to show up in the title bar.

When minimized - might show above start menu icon when forcibly minimized. Can double click to re-show login gui

ggeorgiades_1-1654686898457.png

I can even force minimize it while the main window is showing

ggeorgiades_3-1654687371015.png

Note: Resetting gui/grid settings had no effect.

Message 4 of 5
ViperACR

We ran into this back in 2018, moving the monitor location was not a fix we actually had to assign "Main Monitor" to the other monitor.  For some reason Vault expects a certain monitor in a system to be the main one, if it is not then the login disconnects from the UI as you have shown.  I know swapping main monitors can be a pain but I would test it just to see if that might help.

Message 5 of 5
g.georgiades

This is still an issue in 2025. I decided to brute force a solution with autohotkey.

When vault client minimizes properly, the little corner piece location is moved to

x -30960 y -31996 w 150 h 23

When vault is minimized via task bar, or if it simply doesn't handle the minimize event properly it gets put at
x -150 y -11 w 150 h 23

I already have autohotkey running for other reasons - so i just added a 1 second timer with this code to move the child piece super off screen like it is supposed to be if vault is minimized.

;SetTitleMatchMode, 2 - have to set for vault client versrion independency
	if WinExist("Vault Professional") and WinExist("IPMDialog") {
		WinGet, State, MinMax, Vault Professional
		if (State = -1) { ; Only move if vault is minimized. Will not work if multiple vault client instances are open.
			WinGetPos, x, y, w, h, IPMDialog
			if(x > -3000)
				WinMove, IPMDialog, , -30960, -31996, 150, 23	
		}
	}

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report