Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Plot PDF with Multiple Pages

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
812 Views, 2 Replies

Batch Plot PDF with Multiple Pages

I have a few problems with the batch plot in Vault 2016.

1. I want to batch plot multiple drawings to pdf's.  Some of these drawings have 2 or three sheets.  Vault will not keep these multi-sheet drawings as a single pdf.  Is there a way that a multi-sheet drawing can be saved as a single pdf, or is this just another huge oversight from Autodesk?  Perhaps there is another way to do a batch plot to pdf????

2. When I plot to pdf, any solid isometric view of the part in the pdf is shown with color stripes as if it were trying to be printed black and white only. This happens if the settings are set to color or black and white.  Any options with this?  This is not a problem with I export to pdf through Inventor, but I would prefer not to have to open every part to export a pdf.

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards,

Pete

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a few problems with the batch plot in Vault 2016.

1. I want to batch plot multiple drawings to pdf's.  Some of these drawings have 2 or three sheets.  Vault will not keep these multi-sheet drawings as a single pdf.  Is there a way that a multi-sheet drawing can be saved as a single pdf, or is this just another huge oversight from Autodesk?  Perhaps there is another way to do a batch plot to pdf????

I've never been able to find a solution to this, but I've never spent a lot of time on it either.  I fear it is a shortcoming.

2. When I plot to pdf, any solid isometric view of the part in the pdf is shown with color stripes as if it were trying to be printed black and white only. This happens if the settings are set to color or black and white.  Any options with this?  This is not a problem with I export to pdf through Inventor, but I would prefer not to have to open every part to export a pdf.

Thanks for the help.

I've seen this for years, the shaded views, if plotted with the standard PDF settings will do this.  You have to go into the PDF settings and set quality to High to get past this.

Best Regards,

Pete

Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
ihayesjr
in reply to: cbenner

Since each sheet is a different print job, it will not automatically append to the same PDF by default.  However if you use a print driver, such as PDF-XChange, you can have the print job append to the existing PDF.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report