Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

redirect path in file.xaml under 2023

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Dominik.Janshoff
216 Views, 3 Replies

redirect path in file.xaml under 2023

Hello Everyone,

I wanna boarden my vault horizon. Therefore, I started with the tutorial under the following link.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/collection/vault-data-standard-tutorial

I think this tutorial was written for Vault 2020. The Sample files are avialible for the releases 2020, 21 and 22.

Currently I work with a Vault Pro 2023. I thought this should not be a to big issues. But immediate in Chapter 01 in Exercise 1 an – for me – insurmountable problem occurred. I was not able to re-route the path for the file.xaml file.

The tutorial indicates that in the “file.xaml” file under the following path

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Vault 2023\Extensions\DataStandard\Vault.Custom\Configuration

contain a path to the “file.xml”.

DominikJanshoff_0-1666861953705.png

But in my file.xaml there is no path for the “file.xml” file.

I need to describe in more detail. The file.xaml under the Vault 2023 contains no path for the “file.xml” file.

I checked the same file under “C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Vault 2022\Extensions\DataStandard\Vault\Configuration” and the path is indicated in the file.

Has something changed for the data standard configuration from 2022 to 2023? Where can I configure the path under 2023 so I can create my own File Types in Data Standard.

Is it possible to use the file from 2022 in my 2023 configuration?

Thank you for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Thank you for the heads-up. I did not update the tutorial according to the 2023 changes yet.

There is a change: the static definition of the path reference referencing the file.xml is removed; instead, the default.ps1 script reads the content with the method GetTemplateFolders (navigate to the end of default.ps1). The exercise instructs to copy the file.xml to \Vault.Custom\Configuration\file.xml; so, you need to change the path within the method: replace \Vault\ with \Vault.Custom\

$xmlpath = "$env:programdata\Autodesk\Vault 2023\Extensions\DataStandard\Vault.Custom\Configuration\File.xml"

I hope this helps.

This is not the only impacting change, especially if you are on 2023 Update 1. You can't use the downloaded XAML files. I suggest switching to 2022 if you can.

Thanks,

Markus

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your quick response.

Switching back to prior release is not an option for me. Therefore, I must try to do it without an updated tutorial or wait until one is released.

Are these changes anywhere documented? I only know the documentation in the vault help. I did not found any further information about the changes.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2023/DEU/?guid=GUID-6577A092-1218-409D-9608-7F78B8D80D3A

Are there any further resources, where the release changes are documented? At the moment this is not a big issue for me, because the data standard tryouts are more or less a private playground, where I expand my skills and knowledge. But if we start to use the Data standard in company area, and recommend customers to use VDS, such a thing can be a giant issue for me. It makes it difficult for me, to plan a release change, if I only can detect problems during test phase.

Some time ago I watched an Autodesk University class with you, where you told that changes in the API are announced at least one year prior. Where are these information announced? Is this still valid?

Thank You for Your help!

Message 4 of 4

You can review detailed changes for Data Standard on AKN: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/article/402676

We are already planning to update the tutorial documentation targeting the 2023 release. It did not make sense earlier than waiting for the dark/light themes support completion that is not released yet.

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report