Trial Download, Installation and Getting Started
Ask questions and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics for Autodesk product trials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate your product for versions 2024 and beyond

35 REPLIES 35
Message 1 of 36
LeoWarren-EDU
62046 Views, 35 Replies

How to activate your product for versions 2024 and beyond

From version 2024, Autodesk software is now activated from a web page launched when you open Autodesk software for the first time or when not signed in to the software. This webpage will prompt you to sign in with your AutodeskID before returning you to the application.

Steps to activate your product:

1. Launch the Autodesk product.

2. Select Sign in with your Autodesk ID.

a. If you don't see the Let's Get Started Screen (see below), follow this guide to reset your licensing method.

let's get started.png

3. Sign In with your Autodesk ID.

signin with adskid.png

4. Click Go to product.

go to product.png

a. If prompted, click Open Autodesk Identity Manager.

open aim.png

5. The Autodesk product will then launch on the start screen.

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Community Manager - Students & Educators
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

35 REPLIES 35
Message 2 of 36
piyeves415
in reply to: LeoWarren-EDU

Does not work.

Gives a clock error.

tried the Auto sync of time and timezone on my windows machine.

Still the same.

Message 3 of 36
LeoWarren-EDU
in reply to: piyeves415

Hi @piyeves415,

Can you try following the steps outlined in this article? There are some commands included that can be used to ensure your computer is connected to a Network Time Protocol (NTP) server that is correctly synchronised.

Please let me know if you have any further issues,

Best

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Message 4 of 36

Hi @piyeves415,
Has my suggestion helped answer your question?
If so, please click on the button "Mark as Solution". This helps future community members benefit if they have the same question
If you still need help, please feel free to provide an update so we as Community know how we can help you.

Leo Warren

Message 5 of 36

api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error showing in windows 7 whenever I tried to open it.

What to do?

Message 6 of 36

Hi @ajeetpratap1990,

Which product and version are you trying to install?

All the best,

Leo Warren

Message 7 of 36

Hi @ajeetpratap1990,

Are you still experiencing the same issue?

Please feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Leo Warren

Message 8 of 36
jvbdysun

Really a big waste of time. next time you offer something for free make sure it works

Message 9 of 36
LeoWarren-EDU
in reply to: jvbdysun

Hi @jvbdysunm,

How can I help you?

Can you share a screenshot of the error message or issue you are encountering? Any further details would help me identify the issue and help you get up and running.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Leo Warren

Message 10 of 36
Caldoric

why is your guide on how to fix issues locked behind a forum login wall? shouldn't that be something folks should be able to look at without obstruction?
Message 11 of 36
Caldoric

As a matter of fact, the free trial should be functional right out of the box without having to have such issues. All of this is making for a rather terrible first-time customer experience for this product. Seriously, Tinkercad (your other 3d modeling product) functions better at initial startup than the 3ds max trial does.

Message 12 of 36
LeoWarren-EDU
in reply to: Caldoric

Hi @Caldoric,

The information in the Trial Community is accessible whether you are logged in or not; you only need to be logged in to reply, like, etc.

I'll pass your feedback on to the Trial Team. The Trial should work out of the box when you download from the trial page, this guide in particular was created as a response to a change in how Autodesk products were activated in 2024.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any issues or questions,

All the best, 

Leo Warren

Message 13 of 36
Caldoric

Obviously, something's broken on your back end then, because I'm logged in here and can make comments, but it's still not letting me get to that page you linked without having some kind of login other than the one here. Screenshot included.

Message 14 of 36
Caldoric

Also, on an unrelated note, I changed my username several minutes before making the second comment, but it apparently took the better part of a day for it to propagate to the forums, so, apparently that part of your systems needs fixing too. Honestly, if someone's username changes, it should also retroactively change all previous instances of their name being used on the forums, to make sure there's no confusion or conflict, etc.

edit: apparently it did propagate, but only between the times I posted this and my prior comment. I'd refreshed the page before the first of these last two, and it still had my original username, and didn't change until I refreshed a second time.

Message 15 of 36
LeoWarren-EDU
in reply to: Caldoric

Hi @Caldoric,

I have to apologise, as the link you had was to our testing environment, which is password-protected. I've updated the link at issue, which should now direct you to an accessible page.

As for the username change, it can take some time to propagate through. However, it could also be a browser cookie/cache that is preserving these details until you refresh. I'll talk to our development team and see what can be done.

Your feedback is really appreciated and I hope this answers your questions,

All the best,

Leo Warren

Message 16 of 36
Caldoric

well, the link definitely works now, but the solution suggested therein doesn't resolve my issue with my trial version. the reset function doesn't take, because my trial copy is already set to "none", and thus the program states that it cannot make any changes. trying to change it to something else and then reset it again doesn't help either. i've only had the install for a few days, and i've never been able to get it to sign in. at this point, i feel like i'm going to spend the entire trial period just trying to get the program to work at all.

Message 17 of 36
Caldoric

also, did a couple uninstall/reinstall cycles over the course of this ordeal, but it's changed nothing. nonetheless, we can cross that step off the old "trying to fix things" checklist...

Message 18 of 36
eric6612

Hi ;

I dont see that "lets get started thing... it just says " Try clearing your cookies"  err too many redirects... How do I clear my cookies... an i ccanot see the sign in tab. . please help.

Thanks

eric

Message 19 of 36
LeoWarren-EDU
in reply to: eric6612

Hi @eric6612,

Can you share a screenshot of the error?

Many thanks,

Leo Warren

Message 20 of 36
cajejig627

Hi,

Looks like there is a bug in the trial intake page of any Autodesk products.

The page doesn't load on any browser, any device, and I also asked 3 friends to see if it works for them and all friends reported it doesn't.

https://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad/trial-intake

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report