Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a way to retrieve information from old Softimage files

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
564 Views, 1 Reply

Looking for a way to retrieve information from old Softimage files

This is an elaboration on a previous question:

Hello:

I have the following items from some animation done long ago in Softimage. (Please excuse the long list.)  

The folders are: Animation, Audio, Camera_Shaders, Cameras, Clusters, Environ_Shaders, Expressions, Lattices, Light_Shaders, Lights, Material_Shaders, Materials, Models, Output_Shaders, Palettes, Pictures, Render_Pictures, Scenes, Setup_Channels, Setup_Flock, Setup_Soft, Shadow_Shaders, Shapes, Spreadsheet_Setup, Stuct_Keys, Texture2D_Shaders, Texture3D_Shaders, Textures2d, Textures3D, Volume_Shaders, and Waves.

Is this the XSI, or elements in it, or what? If I could get a working copy of Softimage, would I be able to retrieve the wireframe for the character? And could I port it over to another program, like Maya or 3DMax or any other?

I would love to somehow bring the character back to life.

These are probably really elementary questions, but I don’t have a clue about them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Specklefish

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ayangsundara
in reply to: Anonymous

apprently i have the same issues, need to get this too . Any clue  you've got from here ? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators