Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackdot, An Open source inspired by Softimage XSI

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tecz.cg
1979 Views, 5 Replies

Blackdot, An Open source inspired by Softimage XSI

Hi

Good news for you and you want Softimage so it is here !

Blackdot is a fork from Moonlight Creator and it look like old Softimage, so I have the base for old source code (abandonned in 1996) and thank from source code I will try to mimic as Softimage XSI 🙂

It is not 100% clone but so close it, somes tools have similar other not, so I make as I can...

Ok, I am rewriting from scratch now so i removed old branch dev(1996), my new branch(2020) is nice for better visibility but it is not yet published from the time being, all codes are more modern and it is heavily in wip 🙂

I will be more carefully to design my system and to avoid from error to linking compile time, I am working in C++ fully and purely as OOP system with all class to make complex but more easier than ever before.
It is good thing that Blackdot will be free software and open source so all are nice !

My Todo list:

1/ phase : Rewrite to all Gui in more modern as Softimage XSI
2/ phase : Rewrite to Modeler tools
3/ phase : Plug to Cycles in Blackdot
4/ phase : Write new to Modeler as OOP system
5/ phase : Write to Scripting editor
... more new coming

From now i am coding to all tools for common system to be ready to write for Gui and then working in phase 2 as wip, etc..

And don't ask me to take Blender source code to make Softimage because it is writing in C and Python I don't want to waste time, I am writing in C++ purely in 100% so it is not compatibl.

Thanks all and see you soon, wait and see so stay tuned.

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tecz.cg
in reply to: tecz.cg

After a little more than a year of working on my dev for Blackdot, I have learning a lot of code from trials et errors, so it is heavily in process from all working to Gui, 3d modeller, 3d rendering, 3d animation is wip, etc... I am trying to make more stable if possible, I don't know when it will be ready, so I say only maybe in the end of year or next year as 2022. Hope it will be useful for you for love of Softimage XSI ^^.

Surely it is very slow but you will certainly have your favorite free Softimage, while waiting so stay tuned.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

This sounds amazing!

Dont you need an army of programmers to accomplish that?

Message 4 of 6
tecz.cg
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Sorry for late my answer to your question...

Maybe yes for later because I have already called on the volunteer programmers but their feedback was no answer ... So I have to work to get there and prove if they are interested in my project ... do not worry I've worked a lot from times and I think I can show the community to get ideas with Blackdot some day but for the moment it's a heavy wip 🙂

Message 5 of 6
tecz.cg

Hi all,

Ok I still am working a lot from this 3D Dev cause I am solo to work it 🙂 . So I give you my link from my website there but not release yet to be out sorry : mospixel .

I am trying to make it for speed up but there is a lot of tasks to finish before thus it is wip slowly.

Also there  is a planning too : trello

See you soon.

Message 6 of 6
tecz.cg

Hi all,

I have created a chat group in FB if you are interesting in, join us thank you a lot !

https://www.facebook.com/groups/blackdot3d 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report