SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook freezes HELP!!

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
11259 Views, 8 Replies

Sketchbook freezes HELP!!

Hi

My sketchbook app freezes when i try to do something.
I have a surface go and i use it for school. Sometimes i draw stuff for fun, but a few days ago i needed to draw a logo for my class and i drained my battery dead when i was drawing. The logo got saved, but when i recharged it and launched Sketchbook app again it was just freezing. I can launch the app and draw with my pen, that is fine. But every time i do something different, it just freezes and does nothing. Like when i want to add a layer, or change a brush, or add a text, the app just freezes and does nothing. Even on my desktop where i have a GTX 1060 6G. I can trun it off but that is all. It is just frozen and stays like that.
I already tried uninstalling, dleting temp. files, updating windows and many more, but nothing works.

Please help. I need it to work.

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

This suggestion is stupid !! We all did this and helps nothing !! Will you post an fix update?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

@david.lau : Stop with this ! NO DELETING OR UNINSTALL REINSTALL WORKS !!!

We all tell it to you a thousand time David. Do your job. Make a communication, sticky, to explain why the Win10 Appp doesn't work anymore and what to expect. Fix time limit with devs team.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/ios-android-uwp-windows-store-update/td-p/8773399

Message 5 of 9
david.lau

Hello everyone, please send me an NFO file from your computer.

Start > Search > Type: msinfo32.exe >  File > Save > Yourname.nfo

Then use DropBox or Google Drive and upload file there and send me the share link via Forum "Email" (in the top corner).

David Lau
Message 6 of 9
david.lau

ALERT:  For users of SketchBook (UWP) that was downloaded from the Windows Store, please change your language to ENGLISH (US) and restart SketchBook after the reboot. Please let us know if this makes SketchBook usable. 

If this solves issue, please let us know the language your device is set at when it’s freezing/crashing.

David Lau
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

WOW! It works. I changed my device language from Czech to English and sketchbook works normal. When I changed it back to Czech it stopped working again. Thank you for the solution, but do you know when the fix will be issued? I don't mind my device in english, but my girlfriend uses it too and she wants Czech. Will the fix be soon or do we have to wait?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hi, David, Have you got a solution for the Android app by any chance as i'm having the same problem but not with Windows?

Message 9 of 9
david.lau

@Anonymous 

Try to reset SketchBook on Android.  The instructions are noted here:  https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/sketchbook-crashes-on-android-when-opening-the-gallery/td-p/8330723

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report