SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SketchBook Crashes on Android when opening the Gallery

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
david.lau
15226 Views, 19 Replies

SketchBook Crashes on Android when opening the Gallery

We have had some reports of SketchBook crashing when accessing the Gallery on Android.

1.Try to reset SketchBook to default. This can be done via: Settings > Apps > Autodesk SketchBook > Storage > Clear Data & Clear Cache. Test SketchBook.

2.Backup your Sketches AND delete the /Autodesk folder.

NOTE: Your sketches are in the /Autodesk/SketchBook3 folder.

On Android, it's pretty easy, just copy the files from /Autodesk/SketchBook3 and copy it to your desktop computer. You can use the desktop version of SketchBook to complete our work (www.sketchbook.com/thankyou)

3.Uninstall SketchBook and reinstall SketchBook from Google Play.

4.  To re-import the file, you need to do this:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SKETPRO/ENU/?guid=SKETPRO_Help_sb_basics_back_files_settings_html

See:  How to import emailed TIFF images into SketchBook for Android

NOTE:  This is a manual process, you can only import 1 sketch at at time.

See: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/5-5-2018-update-breaks-new-open-gallery-and-save-and...

David Lau
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thanks, I tried this but my android app still will not save or allow me to access the gallery at all? 

Message 3 of 20
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you delete the /Autodesk/SketchBook folder.?  This is the import step to get it going.

Also, what type of device are you running?

Android via Settings > About Device
1. Model Number 
2. Android Version

Android: SketchBook Version via Settings > Applicaition Manager > SketchBook

David Lau
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Sorry but where would i find the file?

Im on a Huawei P9, EVA L09 android 7.0

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous

Now I cant even open autodesk? 

Message 6 of 20
david.lau

Did you do this part?

2.Backup your Sketches AND delete the /Autodesk/SketchBook folder.

NOTE: You may need to delete the /Autodesk folder too.

On Android, it's pretty easy, just copy the files from /Autodesk/SketchBook3 and copy it to your desktop computer. You can use the desktop version of SketchBook to complete our work (www.sketchbook.com/thankyou)

To re-import the file, you need to do this:

https://www.sketchbook.com/help/knowledge-base/back-files-settings/
See: How to import SketchBook files from an older version into the latest version SketchBook for Android

David Lau
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous

Where would i find the folder? 

Message 8 of 20
david.lau

Easiest way is to plug into a computer and the phone/tablet will be like USB drive.  If you do it manually on phone, you need to use the "File Explorer'.

The location is at:

/Autodesk

David Lau
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous

Hello, im having this issue atm, and did all what was written, it was working the day before and when i woke up to use it started the problem...

Message 10 of 20
Anonymous

• I followed the suggested steps for the android crash situation and it worked. All of my saved brush & system settings worked fine but I had to re-upload each of my drawings one at a time back into my gallery. With over a hundred drawings this took a long & annoying amount of time. 
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous

Dear 

Thank you for your reply with instruction

But i still have same problem, not solve anything.

I re-install app from google play,

Once i created new artwork, then i exit app without saving file,
then re-open the app and go to "gallery", it still crashed

I hope that your team can fix this in ASAP because i use other app is much much better, less problem

Thanks

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous

First of all I just want to say a big THANKS for there being another topic created rather than anyone replying to ones that were ALREADY created asking about this problem.

I managed to fix this problem just now though I somehow backed up my sketches incorrectly. This took a couple tries but this is what I did.

I went into settings and cleared the storage and cache. Deleted the autodesk folder from my files. Deleted the app. Reinstalled. The first time I signed in with my account right away but the app crashed when I went to gallery. So the solution was to reinstall and not sign into my account right away when prompted. I went to the gallery and it worked and I signed in from the menu.

All my sketches are gone but it's fixed I guess.

Support for this app is garbage. I went to the support page and it looped me to the same page twice.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous

Thank you for posting this!! I was about to give up trying to fix it 😕 I just hope my stuff imports fine though.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous

Still crashing 

Message 15 of 20
david.lau

@Anonymous 

What is the exact model of the device and what Android version are you using?

David Lau
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous

wow! Thanks, worked for me. I backed up my sketches so I'm good. 

Thanks again.

Sketchbook is by far my best app.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous

I have tried everything, and it still won't work. I can access my gallery at all. Still crashes. I filled all the steps you gave and it still isn't working......

What do I do?

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous

No joy. I couldn't get the folders onto my computer, but put them in "back-ups" as instructed. Uninstalled/reinstalled (for the 4th time), then reimported the few photos that haven't been totally destroyed using the apps "add images" function. 

I still get this when attempting to erase the whole picture (to replicated removing parts of different photos for my work). As you can see, I used solid, steady, vertical strokes from left to right, but parts refused to erase (and I tried them repeatedly). 

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous

This app was the best thing that happened to me. And now when I try to import a picture, it just shuts the entire app down. 

Ive done ALL of the steps. ALL OF THEM. Nothing works. 

What a shame. I used this app for alot of great work. 

And my phone is a Galaxy Note s20 ultra 5g

Message 20 of 20
Anonymous

Not worked for me either, after following the steps and deleting the folder and unistall it made no difference. Before yesterday it worked fine, suddenly it minimises for just about every action, so no use at all.

Seems, to me, an update is required, serious issue.

Paul Brassington

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report