SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS/Android/UWP (Windows Store) Update

55 REPLIES 55
SOLVED
Message 1 of 56
david.lau
4202 Views, 55 Replies

iOS/Android/UWP (Windows Store) Update

Check out the new features in the post here:

https://blogs.autodesk.com/sketchbookpro/sketchbook-update-for-android-ios-and-windows-10/

David Lau
55 REPLIES 55
Message 21 of 56
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes. I tried desktop version too (by Windows 10, 8, 7 compatibility) - it's awful. My hand and stylus make a mess, I can't draw in that program.

I deleted temp file, folder, reinstall for Windows 10 5.0 version. Nothing helped me. The same problem.
Message 22 of 56
Anonymous

Again, deleting cache or app, reinstall, or do anything isn't a solution. The problem doesn't came from your Surface, device or Win10. It comes from the 5.0 update. Nobody can open, load or do anything on the UWP since the last update. The 5.0 update is broken. You have in fact three solutions :

1. Wait a fix (could be long, very long...)

2. Use the desktop version (useless on touch screen cause your palm will drawn line a.k.a no pen mode)

3. Switch on another app like Kreta or any other.

Message 23 of 56
Anonymous

Comment est ce ca va avec Krita? Je n'ai jamais entendu de cette appli avant cet probleme infernel avec Sketchbook. Peut etre c'est le temps pour moi d'abandonner SB pour une autre appli. 

Message 24 of 56
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Did the update add cursors to the windows 10 version of the application??? They appeared on my application after the update and its super annoying. Is there a way to get rid of them or perhaps a way to go back to previous versions of the app?

Like a big circle appears when I hover my cursor over the canvas and blocks whatever's under it. Its supposed to be a preview of what you're about to draw, but its way bigger since I use pressure sensitivity and press lightly.

Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated.

Message 25 of 56
Anonymous

Yes seems like they did add the cursor/brush preview. Not sure if you can turn it off, but I also find it annoying. Even with pressure sensitivity, a big circle blocks what you're drawing.

Message 26 of 56
Anonymous

Same problem as every body since the update Sketchbook is not working on my surface.... Can we download an other/older version ? or do you know a similar aplication to working on ? thanks !

Message 27 of 56
Anonymous

I use Krita for a week now and it works like a charm !

Message 28 of 56
Anonymous

Same here, I'm sorry to say that this has made it almost impossible to ink accurately.

It seems like pressure sensitive brushes are affected the most - the cursor appears to show the maximum size, which can be pretty substantial compared to the line.

If there's a way to turn this off that I've not found please let me know!

Win 10 / Surface 3

Edit: This cursor issue is a shame, because the new rulers and guides look amazing, and I really want to play with them!

Message 29 of 56
Anonymous

Hey, I did uninstall and reinstall the Win 10 app several times last night and I thought I did something stupid. Now I just learn I'm one of all here facing exactly the same problem.

Autodesk you guys have to fix this now!

I just cannot finish my artwork that I was going to finish last night and hope you can understand this feeling.

Many of these people are complaining Autodesk isn't answering. Is this true?

People takes it hard to leave because graphic tool is a habit.

However, people would start moving if treated like this too long and won't come back when another becomes habit.

I'm today doing a trial on other apps 'cuz I have to finish the artwork in time.

Message 30 of 56
Anonymous

I have the same problem I cant open anything with out the program crashing

Message 31 of 56
Anonymous

After the update, the app became not be able to open any files.

I really want developers to fix it.

Maybe it is same problem that other users found.

Sorry for my poor English.

Message 32 of 56
david.lau

Once a file has been corrupted, it will not open.  If it doesn't open in the DESKTOP or Windows 10 version of SketchBook, I will need this...

....an NFO file from your computer.

Start > Search > Type: msinfo32.exe >  File > Save > Yourname.nfo

Then use DropBox or Google Drive and upload file there and send me the share link via Forum "Email" (in the top corner).

----

The 2 versions of SketchBook are here (so you can try it out)...

www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

www.sketchbook.com/windows10 (blue button)

David Lau
Message 33 of 56
Anonymous

no it does this to all files since the update

Message 34 of 56
Anonymous

i cant do that
Message 35 of 56
Anonymous

Please fix this problem of importing the images in Autodesk.  I use windows store Autodesk sketchbook in hp spectre for my work. I am stuck now.

I have done everything possible even reinstalled the windows.

The desktop version has very bad palm rejection.

Message 36 of 56
Anonymous

I'm using sketchbook for my work also.
I don't understand why they don't allow users to download the previous version while waiting for a fix...
This is really annoying.

Message 37 of 56
david.lau

ALERT:  For users of SketchBook (UWP) that was downloaded from the Windows Store, please change your language to ENGLISH (US/CAN/UK) and restart SketchBook after the reboot. Please let us know if this makes SketchBook usable. 

If this solves issue, please let us know the language your device is set at when it’s freezing/crashing.

David Lau
Message 38 of 56
Anonymous

How can it help if I am working on Windows English (UK) now? What settings should I change?

So I have just restarted my computer, but it didn't help.

Before open .tifBefore open .tifAfter open .tifAfter open .tif

Message 39 of 56
Anonymous

Hi there David. Thank you for the advice, really appreciated. Now I can import my previous works in Autodesk. I changed my language settings from UK to US then restarted the computer. Autodesk then worked like before. 

Message 40 of 56
Anonymous

Actually it can be considered as temporary solution only. It is OK for those ones who know English. But how can I suggest it to my wife who don't know English at all? She is using Windows with Russian language (all things, including interface). So it would be fine if you could fix this bug completely.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report