SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scale an object on one axis for a constrained, proportional transform?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1091 Views, 2 Replies

How to scale an object on one axis for a constrained, proportional transform?

Hi there, I have just downloaded Sketchbook 2019, v 5.0.2 for Windows 10 - I do NOT have a touchscreen or drawing pen. 99% of the time I only want a selected object to scale proportionately, so the way Sketchbook seems to work is highly annoying.
I have spent several hours going through the tutorials and many other help pages to try and work out how to transform and scale the size of an object, constrained on one axis, so that as the object gets bigger or smaller, everything is proportional. I have tried holding down, ctrl/Fn/Alt buttons in various combinations while dragging corners with the cursor, but nothing seems to help.
I did find a couple of youtube vids which referred to a scaling puck in what look like earlier (2015) Apple versions, but my Windows version does not have this. Has the scaling puck been removed in later versions? Does it only exist for Macs?
All help gratefully received.
Thanks, Tim.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Use the desktop version of SketchBook.

www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

When you use the scale tool on the desktop version of SketchBook. the middle of the widget allows you to scale proportionally.  You can use the spacebar to navigate the canvas.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SKETPRO/ENU/?guid=SKETPRO_Help_sb_tools_how_to_use_transforms_html

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

thanks for the fix David Lau. It is just annoying that it always seems the older/different/worse versions of software are the ones that are usually offered by Microsoft app store! The new 8.6 version looks vastly different - can't wait to test it out. Thanks again, T 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report