SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.6gb of autosave files

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
389 Views, 4 Replies

4.6gb of autosave files

Hello,

I have a lot of iPad autosave files now on my PC.  But I can’t see how to open them.  They are in sets of 3 files: IMAGE, index, and meta.xml.  Anyone know how to open these files in Sketchbook?
Thanks!

Long story:

I had 4.6gb of autosave files backed up automatically to iCloud (oct 19), from my iPad. Something happened when I went into the Sketchbook gallery and all that data was deleted from the iPad. I couldn’t recover it to the iPad, but I got it back by restoring the backup to another Apple device.  I tried opening those files in sketchbook on the other device, but again they were automatically deleted. So I restored them again and then backed up with iTunes to my PC, and can get to the files with iBackup.  I looked at them with a hex editor, can’t tell what file type they are.  Different than the autosave files that are created on the pc.

any help greatly appreciated! Would love to get that 4.6gb of work back...!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you send us a screen capture of the files from your backup/computer?  Do you know the exact extensions used?  i.e. jpg, .sbp format.

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thanks for looking to help! 

We didn't set any extensions on the autosave files.  I suppose they are the autosave default.

Screenshots below.

Extracted files:

extracted.PNG

Backed up files:

backup.PNG

Hex view of IMAGE:

hex.PNG

Message 4 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Go here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/ios-11-with-sketchbook-pro-2-x-s-logo-amp-sketchbook...

Look up:  MESSAGE 87 OF 106

There is a video of the way to get your image back from the backup.  I don't think you can do it from the 'autosave' area.

You can also check out:  MESSAGE 75 OF 106 & MESSAGE 79 OF 106.

David Lau
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Hey thanks for the lead!  I added the .data extension to the IMAGE file and I was able to view it in GIMP.  The format seems to be an image broken up into 128x128pixel chunks in RGBA format.  4 bytes/pixel, 128 pixels wide, ~57000pixels tall.  Tempted to write something in Python to reorganize it into one big block.  Unless there is another tool out there or option out there that already does this?

gimp.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report