Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel connection design error message

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
4233 Views, 22 Replies

Steel connection design error message

Hello,

I am trying to use the steel connection design part of Robot to design some primary beam to secondary beam connections but I get the following error message when I select particular beams:

"Number of detected common nodes: 1

Number of created connections: 0

Remarks:

- program is unable to define connections for the current code: 1"

What does this error message mean?

Not all the connections in my model give me this message.. What are the requirements for Robot to be able to carry out the design? Would releases upset it?

Any help would be much appreciated!

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Program checks section types and the positions of bars with respect to each other. They have to meet the requirements of the particular connection type. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks! Is there a way to take a look at the requirements for each connection type?

I want to create beam-beam connections at both ends of a few of my beams and for each beam I get the error message on one end and it works fine for the other end. Seems quite strange!

Message 4 of 23
Artur.Kosakowski

Could you attach the rtd file with the model and indicate the bars you want to create a connection between? 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous

My model should be attached. The connections I am having problems with are at the ends of beams 7, 8, 10 and 11. They will happily connect at one end but not the other. 

Is it something to do with my releases maybe?

Message 6 of 23
Artur.Kosakowski

The beams have to be exactly perpendicular. Try the attached model.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous

That explains it, thanks!

Does Robot have any built-in features for checking geometric problems like this?

Many thanks,

Freya

Message 8 of 23
Artur.Kosakowski

No, it hasn't but in RSA 2016 the geometry "inaccuracy" tolerance is increased so that the connections would be created in your original model as well. 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous

Hello every one , in consideration to previous answer , what is about sloped beams which are connected to columns such as rafters are connected to columns for example in hangars ?  how can solve this problem in this case ?? . Actually I am facing this problem , I can't find exact solution for . Pls can you help me  ?

regard

Message 10 of 23
Artur.Kosakowski

Hi @Anonymous

Could you attach sketches of the intended connection?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous

Sure, Pls attach considered file. It acts an approximated example 

Message 12 of 23
Artur.Kosakowski

Hi @Anonymous

Thank you for the file but could you also attach some drawings showing what types of connections you would like to create?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous

rDear Mr Artur.Kosakowski ,

the type of connection that I want to create is shown in the following image, so please attach it

(the main problem is that programme doesn't allow me to create a connection between sloped beams on the roof and columns  which are connected with).
Message 14 of 23
Artur.Kosakowski

Hi @Anonymous

The reason is that you want to connect the rafter with the column web and such connection type is not available in Robot. 

connection.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous

Dear Mr Artur.Kosakowski , 

what is about the following image?  It is shown sloped beam connected to column flange-to-flange, but the error message still to appear  !!!

you can review the Upper ROBOT file which I sent.

In the same context, how can we solve the previous problem (rafter connected to column web) ?? This status is possible to appear in various projects. For importance, sometimes we have to connect beams to columns webs.

Regards

Message 16 of 23
Artur.Kosakowski

Hi @Anonymous, 

what is about the following image?  It is shown sloped beam connected to column flange-to-flange, but the error message still to appear  !!!

you can review the Upper ROBOT file which I sent.

I can't see any issue

connection1.PNG

In the same context, how can we solve the previous problem (rafter connected to column web) ?? This status is possible to appear in various projects. For importance, sometimes we have to connect beams to columns webs.

As such connection type is not supported in Robot you either need to design it in another application or by hand.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous

Hi Mr Artur Kosakowski,

If you can, please attach related video

Message 18 of 23
Artur.Kosakowski

Hi @Anonymous

You need to select (two) bars you want to generate the interconnection for before you press the connection generation button Smiley Wink

Artur Kosakowski
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous

Sorry but I can't understand you exactlySmiley Sad

as it is shown in the related video, I selected two elements I want to connect which other but no connection is generated 

Pls, can you explain your opinion by short video? 

Message 20 of 23
Artur.Kosakowski

Here you are:

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report