Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshing problems

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
463 Views, 5 Replies

Meshing problems

Hi,

I have a model of a 8 story concrete building with shear walls. The floors are all shell panels. The initial meshing parameters are as suggested in the videos produced by Autodesk. When I run the analysis (using Robot2015) I have two problems with meshing which I am not able to solve, I would be very grateful if you can help me with the following issues:  

1. All floors have a decent grid mesh, however the meshing in Level 5 is very different (sporadic) while there is no major difference in this floor compared to others. 
  2. There is a warning for inconsistent meshing at the floor and walls edge (especially the shear wall on Grid 2, various levels). I have read the posts about inconsistent meshing in this forum and I have checked the geometry and there's no aparent problem at these edges. I have changed the option to iterative mode which will affect the meshing in the walls instead. Would you please explain the reason for inconsistency at the edges as the geometry is  not complex and how I can solve the meshing issue?

Meshing option 1.PNG

As a seperate test I moved the location of shear wall (figure below) and the meshing pattern , can you please explain the reason? 

Wall location.PNG

Kind regards

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Correct meshing options set - see attached file.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi Rafal,

Thanks very much for your response, however I tried your meshing options (as in the figures below) in my original model and I still get the same results. Can you please mention all the parts you changed? 

Meshing option 3.PNG

Options 2.PNG

Meshing option 1.PNG

Kind regards 

Message 4 of 6
vanvan11

its not the same..... u can see the differences in ticks

i second view from you i can see you have thick on regular mesh, at panel char point and user emiters

in attach there s no ticks 🙂

to off this ticks you need to choose a Dalaunau make changes and return to coons 🙂

sorry for my bad engl

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: vanvan11

Thanks  vanvan11

very helpul, cheers :0

Message 6 of 6
vanvan11

i hope that i realy help 😛

if not sorry for spam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report