Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create templates using the API

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jelle.Visser
324 Views, 3 Replies

Create templates using the API

I'm having trouble with predefined templates in RSA. All the predefined member types, supports and releases just randomly disappear, and others appear. So to combat this, I was hoping I might be able to do this in the API. However, looking through the documentation I can see how to create members, but not how to just create member types, and I would also need to define things in the service menu, and define them as OCBF. We do not want to have to create this anew every time we create a new file.

The following things should be defined in the newly created files through the API:

• Member types (Name, buckling coeficcient, seismic analysis parameters, service menu)
  • Releases
  • Supports
  • Used Codes (ANSI/ASCE or EC)
  • Seismic variables (ag or SS/S1 and ground type)
  • Load cases
  • Combinations
  • Load to mass conversion

The easiest would probably to do this in VB.NET, since all our other RSA code is in VB, however, C# would be fine too, I wouldn't mind an excuse to transition our codebase to C#. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Searching through the documentation hasn't yielded anything usefull yet, I can find parts about creating loadcases, but most bullet points are still up in the air.

Labels (5)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Stephane.kapetanovic,

I've already looked through the API documentation in the SDK directory. And I've looked through both these pages as well. I cannot find what I'm looking for. I want to add member types in this menu:

JelleVisser_0-1676963231362.png

There I want to edit Buckling parameters, the service menu and seismic analysis parameters:

JelleVisser_1-1676963287373.png

And that's just the member types. If it is available in the documentation, could you point me in a more specific direction?

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report