Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another visual bug for structural framing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
semi
275 Views, 6 Replies

Yet another visual bug for structural framing

Hi,

I recently noticed that my structural framing is plotted correctly whilst in Revit workspace it's different and wrong.

In our template we make our structural framing hidden lines "solid" so we can see the full beam lying on top of the walls:

semi_0-1707222351434.png

in plan view I see this:

semi_1-1707222405114.png

semi_2-1707222442513.png

I want to see the solid lines running through my walls.

But it's ok because in plot preview and in the finished PDF I see this correctly:

semi_3-1707222544725.png

So I can only assume this is a visual bug.

btw when I set the hidden lines to "dashed" it shows correctly in workspace:

but as an engineering firm we want to focus on the beams entirely and want it projected solid

semi_5-1707222644043.png

So together with this topic: Link 

Can we please get a fix for these?

thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JoshuamRivera
in reply to: semi

What is the highlighted wall type? and the perpendicular one? 

also each one base and top constraint?

View range of plan view?

At glance to achieve what you want you will have to hover over the snapping node at end of the wall , right click , select disallow join. then you can Manually do this.

Are you saying on printed documents you want it to join and not show lines? but while working/navigating the model you do want to see it run through past the face of the wall?

Joshuam - Structural BIM VDC Design Director 
Feel free to Like this post if you find it to be helpful.
Click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button if your question was answered.

Contributor at  acad logo.jpg

Message 3 of 7
semi
in reply to: JoshuamRivera

What is the highlighted wall type? and the perpendicular one?  the highlighted object is a beam (structural framing) and the perpendicular is a concrete wall

also each one base and top constraint? floor level to top level minus floor thickness - beam lying op top of the wall

View range of plan view? cut plane = 100 , top = level above , bottom = level

Everything in our projects have a dissallowed join

Message 4 of 7
JoshuamRivera

Thank you.

Shape Handle.JPG

For W-Flange Beams, when it snaps to a wall, the Start or End Extension becomes unelectable. Regardless of the Visual Style or  Detail level at Medium / Fine to achieve the look you want you will have to manually grab the Shape Handle and adjust. 

For the Beam to achieve the look you want, this would take customization of an RFA beam.

As a structural firm, the case you are dealing with on our end our plan views will show as default, our details/sections will show IRL, and the steel shop drawings are the ones to be 99.9% precise that we then QC and approve.  

Contributor at acad logo.jpg

Message 5 of 7
semi
in reply to: JoshuamRivera

I don't think you understand the problem here.

My beam is lying ON TOP of the wall regardless of his extents. Visually in 3D its ON TOP of the wall. But in 2D plan I can't see the lines of this beam running through the walls visually in my workspace in Revit.

When printing to PDF though it corrects itself, but them beams stay untouched in the model.

Message 6 of 7
JoshuamRivera

Is this the results you trying to achieve?

-Visual Style: Hidden

-Detail Level:  Medium

-Beam on top of wall

-Plan view solid lines when beam is on top of wall

JRiveraBIMVDC_0-1711635135830.png

Contributor at acad logo.jpg

Message 7 of 7
semi

No, we also want our wall hatches to be visible and see the wall entirely through with a beam on top.

Like so:

semi_0-1711636099115.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators