Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch pattern missing in Revit 2024

32 REPLIES 32
Message 1 of 33
semi
2475 Views, 32 Replies

Hatch pattern missing in Revit 2024

Hi everyone,

my wall patterns seem to be lost when upgrading my template te Revit 2024.

I'm in structural discipline and my walls are 100% transparant with a brickwork hatch pattern.

In 2023 and before this was all correct but now in 2024 they seem to be missing.

semi_0-1692188428755.png

semi_2-1692188483876.png

View filter settings:

semi_3-1692188520987.png

semi_4-1692188573459.png

Same settings in Revit 2023 shows like it should be:

semi_5-1692188669972.png

Only when I turn off my transparancy it gets fixed, but then I can't see my beams anymore obviously.

Any reason why this was changed?

32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33
semi
in reply to: semi

Any Revit dev seen this? This is a huge impact on our engineering plans.

Please fast fix for this?

Message 3 of 33
ToanDN

Maybe the pattern color is the same as your background color.  Change to Light Theme and see.

Message 4 of 33
semi

I checked this already and no it's not the case:

semi_0-1692253373108.png

When I turn my wall transparancy to 100% in structural discipline the hatch patterns disappears.
Can anyone try this and confirm this as well?

Message 5 of 33
semi

bump

Message 6 of 33
semi

Can someone please look into this? Without this fix, we can't move on to Revit 2024.

Message 7 of 33
whp.m.owens

Not at all a technical question, but is that the name for masonry in (I assume) the netherlands?

Quick-building-block

Message 8 of 33
semi
in reply to: whp.m.owens

Yes, actually it's more Flemish, Region of Belgium 

Message 9 of 33
semi

Just noticed when printing in structural view the wall patterns do appear on my PDF print, so it's a visual bug.

In Revit:

semi_1-1693211496706.png

in PDF print:

semi_0-1693211457584.png

Message 10 of 33
semi

bump

Message 11 of 33
jay_colcombe

Hi, does it make a difference if you Print using Raster Processing over Vector Processing as this is more WYSIWYG approach and Autodesk goto on such issues?

jay_colcombe_0-1693837399015.png

Out of interest could it be related to this issue? 

Wall hatches are missing when sheets with legends are exported to DWG in Revit (autodesk.com)

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 12 of 33
semi
in reply to: jay_colcombe

Printing vector or raster doesn't make a difference, the end result is always perfectly fine (PDF prints correctly). 

It's INSIDE the Revit workspace where the bug appears. The hatches don't show up.

I also updated my computer's graphics card drivers, but the problem persists.

Message 13 of 33
jay_colcombe

It seems a strange one, i can only assume that either some of the information has not been installed correctly on initial install which you can try and resolve with a Repair or Reinstall.

How to reinstall or repair your Autodesk product

The only other damning issue is that some of the linetype thicknesses or settings have been changed in releases and are not compatible with your Template - which is a probably unlikely but we did have the Textgate where all Template text updated to match real world text heights - that was fun for company templates.  So using a default template and recreating a identical type filter - does the issue still occur?

Jay Colcombe

Message 14 of 33
semi
in reply to: jay_colcombe

It tried the snowden sample as a reference:

same error

See attached video to show you the problem.

BTW, a similar thing happened a version ago (Revit 2023) where the hidden lines of a beam where invisible:

See Hidden lines not showing 

Off topic but still on my wishlist since forever: 

I don't know why structural discipline prevents using transparancy for solid hatches! 

It would be much easier for a contractor to see a structural column or concrete wall with a solid hatched transparancy of 25% so he can see the beam lying on top of it. 

We could do this in AutoCAD 2010, why not in Revit 2024?

Message 15 of 33
jay_colcombe

Hi i can definitely repeat it in Revit 2024, i will log as an issue also.

Jay Colcombe

Message 16 of 33
semi

This problem still persists in Revit version update 2024.1.1

Message 17 of 33
semi

still no cure

Message 18 of 33
whp.m.owens

Just a quick question: was there a need to update the project to 2024, or was this just done because there was a new version available?

I would generally recommend avoiding new releases until the first updates are available. My personal opinion is that an office should decide upon one standard version, and try to use that for at least two years. Updating scripts, templates and software versions is such a pain...and most of the time, new versions don't have important enough new-features to justify the cost.

That's not to say you should ignore new releases....you should watch what autodesk is updating so that you can work new features into the templates / your workflows as you upgrade version. But generally speaking, it's really not worth it.

I also understand there will be projects which start with newer versions. That's not to say you can't work on different versions, or that newer versions shouldn't be or can't be installed. It's just not generally worth it.

Message 19 of 33
semi
in reply to: whp.m.owens

As an engineering firm, we never get to decide what Revit version to pick but to follow the needs of the architect/client.

We never start from scratch and we go with the flow of the external team.

Message 20 of 33
whp.m.owens

We work on a lot of projects where project teams are either not using bim, or are open bim.

Obviously, projects which are using revit will be decided upon on a case-by-case basis.

For the other projects, which is lions-share, we are free to use whatever software we feel is appropriate.

Generally speaking, consultants should have the ability to deliver BIM projects in whatever software package they deem most suitable, as long as  they can fulfill the requirements put forth by the contracts / BIM requirements.

I have dealt with a lot of "newest is the best" issues. Again, the majority of these decisions were completely detached from any project requirements.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators