Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Steel Connections not showing Hidden Lines in Revit 2022

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jonathan_mayer
625 Views, 1 Reply

Structural Steel Connections not showing Hidden Lines in Revit 2022

I think this may have been an issue in previous versions, or even fixed in Revit 2020. But right now, despite a tick box existing in the view template, the "Hidden Lines" option is not working for steel connections unless "All" is also chosen under View Properties. 

The current work around might work for some circumstances, but makes more complex connection detailing completely illegible as "Hidden Faces" is also activated.

It would be nice if the option to turn on "Hidden Lines" for just the steel connection itself was working, while keeping those for columns and beams off.

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

we've had this issue before, think it was only the case with certain types of connections. but i think in 2021 you can select hidden faces in the view template as well, might they have removed it from 2022? We use the "show hidden lines" tool in these views where we select the plates and members who's hidden lines we want to see. you'll need to do this for all views. this is our current work around. hopefully its not too much effort. But i agree it in annoying that the view template properties does not solve it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report