Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setdown in slab for wetareas

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mneelam
2606 Views, 7 Replies

setdown in slab for wetareas

Hi, I wonder how you create a family for the setdown in slab of wetarea. I did it with extrusion in slab but it cut through the slab & the other option I saw with 2 different slab with level difference. As I want to maintain the slab thickness & a overlap of slab at the bottom face of slab. I dont want to see two different slab. I Idea to have only one slab with setdown.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mneelam

Hi mate,

not sure if you have got any solution for this.

please have a look this solution.

https://youtu.be/7ZkTJYDD8wo

Enjoy.

Paul Vu

Message 3 of 8
mneelam
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the solution. I have got one more question. How can we maintain the slab thickness at the underside of slab with lap at bottom of slab.

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
mneelam
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Sorry but when I draw the setdown floor and try to join them  it says " floor is completely inside another floor" and I can't see the setdown cut. Please let me know how did you manage to see the setdown by cutting the floor from another floor(Setdown).

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Hey mate,

there are some tips need to follow.

1. Create a new 'setdown' material and assign that one to the 'setdown' floor.

2. Join that 'setdown' floor to the main floor (note: join order must be 'setdown' floor first and the main floor second but if you select the main floor first then this 'setdown' floor does not do his job.)

3. create a filter to hide the 'setdown' floor in all views but plans.

Hope this help when Revit user are waiting for a better tool/method from Autodesk.

From Sydney.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

thanks for this question.

Currently, I have no good solution for this but I normally create a separate floor under the setdown and join that floor to the main floor to maintain the thickness. This way takes a lot of time so I don't like it.

hope this help.

From Sydney.

Message 7 of 8
ToanDN

Annotation 2020-01-20 155058.jpg

Message 8 of 8

This would be a nightmare to do at every exterior door or for exterior cladding systems

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators