Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVT 2020 - steel connection - structural material steel carbon

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
851 Views, 4 Replies

RVT 2020 - steel connection - structural material steel carbon

Hi,

When I place a steel connection the default material for plates seems to be "Steel - Carbon" which doesn't make sense. Can I adjust the default setting somewhere? I tried to open the connection family in browser, but I can't edit it.

I can press tab to select the plates and manually change to the material, but if I have multiple connections it is tiring.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sampie
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous 

This is a huge problem! Even if you assign a default material in Object Styles, it doesn't work. What we do is to filter all plates, select them and then manually change the material.

2019-12-04_09-07-49.jpg

Kind Regards,
Sampie
_______________________________________________________________________________________
If you find my post useful, please give me Kudos. If my post solved your problem, please accept it as a solution.
youtube.com/prokonbuild
Message 3 of 5
sampie
in reply to: sampie

Can Autodesk please fix the assignment of materials to steel connections!!!

Kind Regards,
Sampie
_______________________________________________________________________________________
If you find my post useful, please give me Kudos. If my post solved your problem, please accept it as a solution.
youtube.com/prokonbuild
Message 4 of 5
Gernot.Jeromin
in reply to: sampie

Hi,
we will have a look at it.

Gernot

Message 5 of 5
sampie
in reply to: Gernot.Jeromin

I have created an Idea for this issue:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/steel-connection-material/idi-p/9181608

Kind Regards,
Sampie
youtube.com/prokonbuild

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators