Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit profile family template when loaded will cut the geometry

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
288 Views, 2 Replies

Revit profile family template when loaded will cut the geometry

Hi All,

Is there any family template for profiles so that it will cut the parent geometry when applied.

What I need is to have the 25 x 25 chamfer applied to slab edges. 

The family I need should work exactly same as the "slab edge" family works but instead it should cut the slab and not add anything to it.

Hope I have explained my problem correctly.

Thanks alot

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dferreira-blackwell
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, I understand what you are saying and there was the same question in Arch. forum which has been solved. it also has screencast how to cut slab made with chamfer corner please follow this link:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/how-to-cut-a-chamfer-into-a-slab-using-profi...

Message 3 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Is there any family template for profiles so that it will cut the parent geometry when applied.

What I need is to have the 25 x 25 chamfer applied to slab edges. 

The family I need should work exactly same as the "slab edge" family works but instead it should cut the slab and not add anything to it.

Hope I have explained my problem correctly.

Thanks alot

Use an in-place void sweep and Pick Path to pick the edges of the floor to draw the path.  Do not use Sketch Path.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report