Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Parameters IfcExportAs, IfcExportType not being exported properly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
havranon
293 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Parameters IfcExportAs, IfcExportType not being exported properly

Hi. I started adding objects to my model and needed to divide them in IFC 2x3 2.0 from each other so I added IfcExportType and IfcExportAs to them. But for some reason the sanitary ones are not exported at all, for the alarm both As and Type are exported properly and for the FireSuppresion ones only the ExportedAs has been exported. Is there any way as to how to fix it, or are there any other parameters with which I will be able to do the same or at least something similar to reach my goal ? Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: havranon

Which Revit version are you using?

Which software are you using to view the IFC files? (have you tried others?)

-Have you looked at your IFC export options, for example does plumbing fixtures have "Not Exported"?

LMaas_0-1684918753656.png

-Do you use the IFC addin? (you might try with or without it to see if it makes a difference)

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
havranon
in reply to: L.Maas

Hi. 

I kinda figured out that some of the problems I have come from my lack of understanding of IFC format. So I will slighty modify my guestion. I should have the latest version of Revit LT 2023 with IFC 2021 addin. The thing I would like to know is what exactly is the diference between IFC class and IFC type. For example I am currently trying it with my Fire safety system. So I modified my IFC export settings as shown in the picture and when exporting with IFC 2.3 it ignores those settings but IFC 4 export pickes them up. So if there is a way for 2.3 to pick it up as well and as adition also if there is any way how to add those IFC parameters seperately to multiple objects within the same family. For example with my sanitary objects like toilet and sink I dont know how to define them seperately. Also if you knew the correct class and type for the fire safety objects that would be much apreciated. Thanks you for your time and helping me :).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators