Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 SDNF export

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
868 Views, 6 Replies

Revit 2015 SDNF export

Hi,

I have recently installed the Autodesk SDNF Export / Import 2015 plugin. I have done this so we can send our Revit model to a design team member who is using AVEVA PDMS.

When i try to export the SDNF file I am greeted with the project data and packets prompt box. I have packet 10, 50 & 60 ticked and all others are greyed out.

When I ok this, i am met with the attached image 1. when i try and map concrete columns, beams, floors & foundations, I cannot as it only allows me the option of assigning steel members. If i continue with the export and then import back to Revit as a test no concrete members come in and the cellular beams within the project are missing too.

The SDNF export is completeley new to me so I was wondering what i actually have to do? do i need to install libraries? does the SDNF not export these elements?

Thanks in advance,

David

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Cant help as im also having this issue. just thought id bump it up while i keep searching and see if anyone has any advice?

Also the other side is using AVEVA PDMS to import our structure so would be good to know how you have got on

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

The SDNF only exports steel members.

We have provided two models to our clients, both tied into the site co-ordinates. The SDNF taken from the REVIT model for steel and an ACIS solid model which is exported from REVIT to AutoCAD and stripped of all steel members.

This way they can import both models giving all information. The other option is they pay for the Norconsult software which can convert REVIT file to PDMS.

Hope this helps. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

yeah ive looked into the cost of that, quite a few Euros!!!....was hoping there was a cheaper add-in out there.......maybe they should have got it when the £ was stronger against the €

SDNF is a little problematic as I cant export plates or Westok beams either

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

You can export them as not assigned, then its down to the receiver of the sdnf to assign the correct section size. It is a problem however, I suppose you could leave them in the ACIS solid file with the Conrete members. Everything has a work around...right?

We got the Norconsult software to convert the RVM & ATT files and it has work very well but as you say, very expensive.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

We export now for various users....

Steel

Revit

SDNF

3D DWG

3D DGN

Concrete

Revit

3D DWG

So they have all they need for PDMS with the use of other software at their end as thy have the Revit files

Tried IFC but the bracing went on a trip a few counties south!

any idea how to use a .STP  (STEP) file?

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I tried various time to use the .stp files and had no luck.

The process we have now work very well though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators