Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar tag not visible

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
eirik_s
524 Views, 12 Replies

Rebar tag not visible

Hi

I am trying to tag a rebar in a section view. I have done this before without a problem. But this time I can't tag a rebar if not all of the rebar is visible in the section view. I have tried to align the section view with the rebar, but that does not solve it. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

eirik_s_0-1700660523552.png

eirik_s_1-1700660532729.png

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
jay_colcombe
in reply to: eirik_s

Its either outside the Scope of the View/Crop Region- Properties Palette > Extents > Tick Crop Region Visible > Untick Crop View - can you see the Tag?

This is because when you place the Tag if you have Attached End sometimes it picks the middle of the elements which may be out of View so by using Free End you can place manually.

jay_colcombe_0-1700665554781.png

Also check if the Tags are hidden/turned off - Click on the Lightbulb in the View control Toolbar to Reveal Hidden Elements to see if they are not turned on - You can also type VG and check what Tags are turned on/off in the Visibility Graphics Dialogue

jay_colcombe_0-1700665392858.png

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 13
eirik_s
in reply to: jay_colcombe

Thank you for your reply. By unticking crop view all of the rebar is visible and the tag vil also be visible. My problem is that I want to tag the rebar even if just part of the rebar is visible (when som of the rebar goes outside of the section view/scope box).

All tags are tagged as "on" in the vibility/graphics override.

A picture from another file shows the rebar tag even if some of the rebar is outside the section view. See picture below. This is what for some reason I can not do in this other file.

eirik_s_0-1700724265188.png

Message 4 of 13
jay_colcombe

This is because it it placing it using where the software thinks it should be placed, which is usually the middle of the element!

As regards the rebar in the image, it has 2 legs so has been place in the middle of one of the legs.

please refer to my last post and use the Options Bar to select “Free End” this allows manual placement of the Tag rather than it automatically choosing for you!

Jay Colcombe

Message 5 of 13
eirik_s

Thank you for your swift reply.

I am using the "Free End". The tag is placed in picture number one in the top post on the vertical leg of the rebar, and just disappears. When I drag the crop region out to cover all of the rebar, the tag automatically appears as shown in picture number two.

This model has a lot of angles in the structure, so it might have something to do with that, but I have not figured out what is causing this to happen.

Message 6 of 13
jay_colcombe

I don’t really understand why this is not working then as with Free End you hover over the element and the leader follows where you mouse pointer is on the screen.

You can also press space when using the Tag command to switch between Attached/Free Ends

Jay Colcombe

Message 7 of 13
jay_colcombe

You may also want to look at the Annotation Crop Region/Boundary as this gives a little more flexibility on the extents of annotations within a cropped view!

Jay Colcombe

Message 8 of 13
eirik_s
in reply to: jay_colcombe

Thank you for your suggestions.

The annotation crop region is big enough, and I have tried both "TAB"-ing and tried to use space.

When I am placing the tag, the leader and arrowhead appears, but when I click the last time to place the tag it all disappears and the warning appears. And the tag reappears when all of the rebar is in the crop view.

I do also not understand why this is happening in this file, and it is happening with all rebar shapes and in all the section views I make. I have never had this problem before, so I think it is a bit strange.

Message 9 of 13
jay_colcombe

I have create the same scenario,

L- Bars

Annotate Tab > Tag by Category > Attached End

jay_colcombe_0-1700729417563.png

Free End

jay_colcombe_1-1700729439501.png

For the Area Reinforcement - Attached End

jay_colcombe_2-1700729559576.png

Free End

jay_colcombe_3-1700729615370.png

Even the Area Reinforcement System works as expected

jay_colcombe_4-1700729684091.png

Can you share your model for review?

Jay Colcombe

Message 10 of 13
eirik_s

I found a way around the problem in this case. If I select "Flip Section" and turn the section in the other direction it all works out fine. It is not optimal, but it works 🙂

I have isolated the problem and attached a file with a section that has this problem (Revit 2023).

Message 11 of 13
jay_colcombe

A bit of a Strange one but i opened up your model, had to load in a Structural Rebar Tag so did this from Annotations > Structural > Rebar Tag and all worked fine in the View  

jay_colcombe_0-1700756425712.png

The original issue could have been it was finding the very long rebar sets and placing outside of the view as it does not look 100% correct

jay_colcombe_1-1700756838397.png

Jay Colcombe

Message 12 of 13
eirik_s

I was running Revit 2023 and I am not sure if I had any updates. When I installed the Revit 2023.1.3 Update this problem was resolved. I guess it must have been a bug in the earlier versions of Revit 2023.

Message 13 of 13
jay_colcombe

Nope, worked fine in all versions of Revit 2023 so would suggest more of a modelling issue but glad its sorted.

Jay Colcombe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report