Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding passing shared parameter value of nested families to parent family.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Matt_Keck
451 Views, 4 Replies

Question regarding passing shared parameter value of nested families to parent family.

I have a scenario where I am using a third party system (Assemble) to input value into a shared family instance parameter. I then sync it back into my Revit model. for all my families that don't have nested families it works great. but for my families that have a couple of nested families. The value seems to display for the nested versions but doesn't pass through to the parent family in my Revit model. How do I get the Shared parameter in the parent family to display the value collected by the nested family? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: Matt_Keck

If you want to be able to see shared parameter values from nested families you have two options in Revit

1-Make the nested families shared in the family and they can be scheduled

2-Pass the parameter through to a parameter in the host family

Which option works best depends on your needs

And maybe Assemble has some options. But that shoul be checked in the Assmeble forum

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
Matt_Keck

Yes, and I was hoping to Pass the parameter through to a parameter in the host family. do you have a link to any documentation for how to do that? 

Message 4 of 5
Matt_Keck
in reply to: L.Maas

Yes, and I was hoping to Pass the parameter through to a parameter in the host family. do you have a link to any documentation for how to do that? 

Message 5 of 5
L.Maas

HERE you go.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report