Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project shared parameters added to Revit families

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
yara.cp.pereira
154 Views, 1 Reply

Project shared parameters added to Revit families

Hi all,

First time I am receiving a request to incorporate project parameters into a family. And I am not sure what is expected here and why.. 

So I received the bellow shared project parameters (image) to add to Revit families.
Do you know if I am supposed to add all of those as individual shared parameters to the Revit family (obs.: the list is immense, more than 100 parameters)? And what is the purpose of that?

Project_parameters.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: yara.cp.pereira

The question should be directed to the company/person who sent you the request.

Reasons might vary depending on what you have agreed with them. Will you supply them the Revit file at a certain stage? In that case it might be information that will be useful in their own workflow. If you do not have to supply the Revit model but an IFC or Navisworks they might request to export those parameters out so that they can easily do coordination/clashing.

If you have to add all those parameters you should check with the person who did the request. If you have many families and you have all those parameters it will be a lot of work. You might be able to speed up this process by automating it (e.g. Dynamo or an Add-In).

The next question will be who will fill in all those parameters in the project.

But clearly you should contact them and ask. And depending on your contract also think about compensation

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators