Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plates with no information

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rbarbosa8DQGJ
532 Views, 3 Replies

Plates with no information

English version below.

Estou criando placas (chapas) com a intenção de serem chapas de piso ou chapas ao redor de um tanque ou caixa metálica. Infelizmente, o revit não está considerando essas placas como outros objetos inteligentes, como vigas e colunas, não mostra peso, área nem lista outras informações. Estou tendo que criar chapas de plataforma ou chapas em caixa metálica usando paredes e pisos. Isso é muito ruim e deveria mudar. As placas deveriam ter o uso similar ao que é feito no Advance Steel. Inclusive, o nome é chapa. Chapa! Ninguém fala placa no Brasil. Corrijam isso!

I am creating plates with the intention of being floor plates or plates around a tank or metal box. Unfortunately, revit is not considering these plates as other smart objects, such as beams and columns, it does not show weight, area nor list other information. I'm having to create platform plates or metal box plates using walls and floors. This is very bad and should change. The plates should be used similarly to what is done in Advance Steel.

revit plate 2.JPG

revit plate.JPG

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

you are right, it should have area, volume and weight 

you could use your own family to define parameters 

Ahmed Muharram, B.Sc, AEE, ACI, ACP
BIM Manager
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Yes, I can use families... but can you imagine the work to create a family for each single different plate? I posted an idea to change that ... it might be easy.

Message 4 of 4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report