Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing content from Revit 2021 Installation

31 REPLIES 31
SOLVED
Message 1 of 32
Anonymous
22709 Views, 31 Replies

Missing content from Revit 2021 Installation

Despite raising this with your internal staff when using the Preview software, the final installation of Revit 2021 is missing content or has changed information. See attached screenshots from my PC following a clean install from scratch (Previous preview content fully uninstalled and manually deleted).

• Previous US Imperial directory is now referenced as English-Imperial. Affects both Libraries and Templates.
  • Previous US Metric directory is now referenced as English. Affects both Libraries and Templates.
  • Both English and English-Imperial directories are missing HSS Rectangular, Round, Square and W Shape families from both Structural Framing and Structural Column directories.
  • UK - Structural Framing - Steel - Corus Advance directory is missing a number of family '.rfa' files
  • UK - Structural Columns - Steel - Corus Advance directory is missing a number of family '.rfa' files

See attached screenshots of the installation. Previous Revit 2020 screenshots have been included for comparison.
As we are plug-in developers, the directory changes, filename changes and missing content affects our programming and automated processes. Please can you let me know if these filename changes are permanent or will be rectified in a future service pack.

31 REPLIES 31
Message 21 of 32
Base12
in reply to: Anonymous

Gerry,

No, Division 4, and everything after 13 is missing entirely.  Inside Division 5 there are only a couple of items.  No 50523.

Message 22 of 32
Base12

also no division 2

Message 23 of 32
Base12

When comparing the Family Libraries of the 2018 installation to 2021, there are 1,355 fewer (missing?) families in 2021.

Message 24 of 32
huotger

I am sorry that your set of files are incomplete.  When I compare the US Imperial families from Revit 2018 install to the US Imperial families from the  RVT2021_ENU_Imperial_Libraries.exe on the Revit 2021 Content page, there is a net gain of 9 files.

RVT2018-2021libraries.png

I would suggest to download the RVT2021_ENU_Imperial_Libraries.exe again and once you run the self-extracting executable change the destination folder to temporary local directory to ensure the entire set of families are extracted. 

2021contentextract.PNG

I hope this helps you get the full set of US Imperial families. 

Gerry Huot

SQA Manager
Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: huotger

I have also tried downloading older versions of the library and now all of the previous versions are missing the same content. I have also tried extracting to a different location and importing into a project, and it's still missing content.

Message 26 of 32
Base12

@Anonymous 

As a solution, I copied the content of the entire Families Directory from the 2018 installation and pasted it directly over the top of the 2021 families.  This works if you do have a previous installation, but if you don't I'm not sure what to say.  Of course now everything in there that is new (about 30%) will have to be "updated" when you insert the families, but - as is typical with Revit - it's a work around.
JP.
Message 27 of 32
huotger

kayeaj,

Could you expand on the content you feel has been removed from older versions?  Just a few examples would be sufficient.  I am not aware of any removal of content to that degree over the past decade.

Gerry Huot

SQA Manager
Message 28 of 32
abrownXD2PH

I downloaded the content of the structural libraries but even in this the most important shapes are missing. (HSS and WF)

Message 29 of 32
anthony.picton

This is not a solution... there is still a broken content library included with the installation... If the intent is to make the users download individually, then at least remove the garbage it comes with. 2022 is out and this still hasnt been fixed. This is the exact reason our company skips versions of this product. Avoiding headache due to pointless changes that don't benefit the consumer.

Message 30 of 32
Anonymous

It works for the "English-Imperial" but not for the "English" or "Canada".  Where can I download it from? 

Message 31 of 32
rhondaPSWPB

I also did the manual download content for 2022, but am missing ALL steel beam type s except the one loaded in my project. Not too thrilled to see what else did not load - which I will probably only discover when I need a Family I am used to seeing in the Library.

Message 32 of 32
JoshuamRivera

If I am understanding this correctly, I have Revit 2020 , when I install Revit 2022 it will need to do what to duplicate 2020 library into 2022?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators