Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Take off ERROR doesn't account for FABRICATION ELEMENTS

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
cuen.saul
333 Views, 0 Replies

Material Take off ERROR doesn't account for FABRICATION ELEMENTS

Hello everyone,

I have been using Revit for some years now for structural projects. I usually report steel take off for quotations and I do it by using MATERIAL TAKE OFF schedule for MULTIPLE CATEGORIES. Those of you who have used this know that in these schedules you have to use at least one MATERIAL parameter. For my quantifications I used MATERIAL: VOLUME, then I use a CALCULATED PARAMETER for the steel weight.

The problem now is that, inadvertently for me, in one recent project I implemented the STEEL tab (connections, modifiers, etc). By doing so, the element changes to a FABRICATION ELEMENT and the material changes for another strange material which I, so far, don't know how to edit. This material is not the same before and after using STEEL CONNECTIONS, hence, is not compatible with MATERIAL TAKE OFF SCHEDULE because the MATERIAL parameter does not exists for FABRICATION ELEMENTS.

I look for a workaround and found out that, only for specific categories, a parameter VOLUME is offered (not the same as MATERIAL: VOLUME). So, I can only make take off of columns, in one table, and framing, in another schedule. Ignoring GENERIC MODELS, other CONNECTION FAMILIES , etc.

Unfortunately, a quotation was delivered where some connections were used and, for this, some elements automatically disappear from the TAKE OFF SCHEDULE.

It would be very efficient to at least have one of the following:

1. Keep the same material before and after the fabrication element.

2. Forget about the fabrication element and just edit the volume of the connected element.

3. If is unavoidable to change the material of the fabrication element, to be able to edit it.

4. Add the parameter of the fabrication element material, to the MATERIAL TAKE OFF schedules.

Regards.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report