Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Model Set To Underlay Not Showing Existing Phase Wall Pattern Overrides.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
tboiarski
1514 Views, 0 Replies

Linked Model Set To Underlay Not Showing Existing Phase Wall Pattern Overrides.

I am working on structural drawings using both Revit 2020 & 2021.  I am linking an architectural model into our model that contains both existing and new building elements.  I can perfectly control the look of the existing walls in the arch model (solid gray pattern) using Phasing and overrides.  We typically set the arch model to 'Underlay' (VG Overrides/Revit Links Tab) so that the various elements in the arch model do not obstruct the view of the structural elements we are placing. 

PROBLEM:  As soon as I set the arch model to 'Underlay', the solid gray pattern for existing walls disappears completely. The wall cut/projection lines are still visible, but the pattern is not visible and does not print.  I have tried tweaking the Phasing overrides (setting either/both foreground and background pattern).  I have complete control of the look existing walls in the arch model when the arch model is set to 'Halftone'. Unfortunately, structural elements are obscured by arch elements unless the arch model is set to 'Underlay'.

Is there a way to set a linked model to 'Underlay' and still retain the existing phase wall pattern overrides?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report