Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting Families From Revit's OTB System Family File the Assembly Description Disappears

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bridgerXHNDS
214 Views, 1 Reply

Inserting Families From Revit's OTB System Family File the Assembly Description Disappears

So, I am building a new Revit template from scratch. I am pulling some things like the "Wall Foundation" family out of the "System Family Library" that came with Revit. 

Within the "System Family Library" the "Wall Foundation" family has "Strip Footings" under the "Assembly Description". When I copy and paste the family into my file, the "Assembly Description" goes blank. I am so confused. What is happening? 

The reason I care is because sometimes it's nice to filter schedules using the Assembly Description parameter, which I can't do when it's blank. The first photo is the "Type Properties" dialogue within the "System Family Library" and the second is the exact same family "Type Properties" dialogue after I load it into my file. Anyone know how I can fix this? 

SystemFamily.pngSystemFamilyNo.png

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mphungDCHNW
in reply to: bridgerXHNDS

Hi,

You may want to edit the description within the family itself then reload it into the project.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report