Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC Export Unexpected errors occurred while exporting these elements to the IFC file

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nbalani
298 Views, 5 Replies

IFC Export Unexpected errors occurred while exporting these elements to the IFC file

I am trying to export IFC from a Revit file as required however, I am encountering this dialogue Unexpected errors occurred while exporting these elements to the IFC file.
nbalani_0-1709789205896.png

It becomes more interesting when I copy these elements in a blank Revit file and then export it. Guess what, in this case I don't get any error and elements are successfully exported.

nbalani_1-1709789712670.png

I tried isolating only those elements and exporting the only elements visible in view with IFC 2x3 Coordination 2.0 and IFC4 Design Transfer setup, I tried Revit audit. I tried generating new view but all these steps weren't helpful in exporting these elements from the host file.

I have also updated the IFC Exporter from Autodesk App store but yet the problem is still there.

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Ahmed_Muharram
in reply to: nbalani

try to install the IFC Export plugin
https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/EN/LIST/SEARCH?PRODUCTLINE=RVT&QUERY=IFC

Ahmed Muharram, B.Sc, AEE, ACI, ACP
BIM Manager
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
nbalani
in reply to: Ahmed_Muharram

I have already installed it and mentioned it in my post.
Message 4 of 6
Ahmed_Muharram

sorry didn't saw it 

Ahmed Muharram, B.Sc, AEE, ACI, ACP
BIM Manager
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
robertovalentino

Same here
any update?

Message 6 of 6
nbalani
in reply to: robertovalentino

I didn't get any solution for this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators