Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I export the width and depth of a room manually using Revit?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
franciane_pereira9Z2WH
203 Views, 4 Replies

How can I export the width and depth of a room manually using Revit?

Hi,

I'm exporting room quantity data, but I can't export room width and depth data.
This data does not appear in the properties tab.

Can anybody help me?

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

you mentioned "Export" and "Manually", are you exporting to an excel spread sheet or are you referring to a Schedule?

Revit is not going to give you those dimensions automatically as part of its calculations. you can create project parameters that are Room category based to add to your schedule. then fill in the dimensions manually. not ideal, but it's an option. 

there have been other similar posts over the years where people have come up with formulas to try to get the dimensions.... Search - Autodesk Community

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

@hmunsell I mentioned exporting because after this data appears in the environment properties tab I would like to export my project to IFC. And within the IFC I would like this data to be verified. 
Currently I obtain data using project parameters and Dynamo. But is there any way to configure revit without needing the revit API or Dynamo to get this data?

Message 4 of 5

Revit does not report the room depth/width information. it will give you the SQFT and Volume, but not the max Width/Depth. Only way i know of to get that information is to use something like Dynamo and/or enter it manually in a Project/Shared Parameter.  

As you saw by the link at the bottom of my last post. This has been something people have been trying to do for quite a while 😁

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

Thank you so much for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators