Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing reinforcement from RSA 2023 to Revit 2023 issue

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
REDO10
365 Views, 7 Replies

Importing reinforcement from RSA 2023 to Revit 2023 issue

Hi All, 

I am currently working with Revit 2023 and RSA 2023. I am facing an issue with returning to and displaying the analysis results of my model. Additionally, I am unable to import the necessary reinforcement into Revit using the integration function. 

When attempting to import reinforcement from RSA 2023, I follow the steps outlined below, but encounter the following errors:

1: selecting elements in RSA to be designed

Poteaux.png

2: getting design results in RSA

Poteaux_resultats.png

3: comming back to Revit and importing results and rebars.

integration_process.png

Any help to resolve this isuue will be apreciated

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jay_colcombe
in reply to: REDO10

It would suggest you analysis is not up to date as regards the rebar have you run any reinforcement design within Robot directly?

I can only assume that as no design has been completed within RSA there is nothing to transfer hence greyed out!

but also fear in 2023 it may not be an option at all due to the new process in Revit of Physical/Analytical Model creation

I know that walls and slabs are not implemented at this time but Reinforcing requirements maps can be send to Revit.

try sending to a blank Template to see if this works as below?

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Is-it-possible-to-...

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 8
jay_colcombe

I just ran a quick RSA analysis this morning as a Test on a simple frame with Self-Weight only.

I made sure my Results were up-to date

jay_colcombe_2-1704706250889.png

The from the Add-ins Drop Down Menu 

jay_colcombe_0-1704706144287.pngjay_colcombe_1-1704706167912.png

And it worked as expected - Note i have no reinforcement requirements as i have not run this analysis yet.

jay_colcombe_3-1704706317056.png

jay_colcombe_4-1704706415889.png

Design Drop-down Menu > Required Reinforcement for Beams/Columns

jay_colcombe_5-1704706600972.png

jay_colcombe_6-1704706739983.png

Carried out the SAME process as above and now see the Required Reinforcement

jay_colcombe_7-1704706835842.png

jay_colcombe_8-1704706943513.png

One big point here even when i created a reinforced beam design in RSA 2023 it did not allow the export of the rebar into Revit via the Send (Options) dialogue so would suggest it is no longer a viable option.

Jay Colcombe

Message 4 of 8
REDO10
in reply to: jay_colcombe

Hi @jay_colcombe 

Thank you for your replies

I tried the same example as you (a simple frame with its own self-weight), and I made sure before coming back to Revit and updating results and the model that my selected columns are correctly calculated in RSA 2023. I obtained the RC design for these columns, as you can see in the image below :

poteau_RSA.png

I can obtain the model results this time, as you can see below, and display them when I come back to Revit and choose to update the model and results. However, the update option dialog box is still grayed out, and I can't see the 'rebar for beams and columns' option, which would allow me to import rebar drawings from RSA !?  

integration_RSA.png

By returning to the Integration menu in Revit and selecting rebar conception, I was prompted, as you can see below, to choose elements for design. However, when I selected the previous columns, I received a message informing me that the current project would be replaced. Subsequently, an empty window opened in RSA without the selected columns for design !!?

rebars_columns.png

On the other hand, the 'rebar for beams and columns' option is available in Revit 2021 without running calculations in RSA 2021. Rebars can be obtained after calculation and updating the model, as you can see in this example below

rebar_RSA21.png

Has anyone encountered this issue in Revit and RSA 2023, or am I missing something that prevents me from obtaining the design for rebars in Revit 2023?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 8
jay_colcombe

I do not think you can do it in 2023/2024 anymore!!!

Jay Colcombe

Message 6 of 8
REDO10
in reply to: jay_colcombe

@jay_colcombe 

I finally found a solution to this issue by following the steps in this video Ferraillage d'une poutre Revit avec Robot et import des aciers sous Revit , and now I can create RC designs for different elements, as I have done in the image below.

From what I understand in this video, it's no longer possible, starting from Revit 2023 and later versions, to obtain RC design for elements by directly using Robot integration. Moreover, the RC design for elements is no longer available under the model update options. Therefore, we should first select elements in Revit to be designed (the same type of elements at once). Then, instead of using Robot integration, we click on 'rebar design,' which opens a new project in Robot. This allows us to design these elements. After returning to Revit and clicking the 'rebar design' button again, we can update the model with the RC design for the selected elements.

beams°rebar.png

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
jasoncolcombe

Code Check has always been there in the Robot Structural Analysis Addin and I thought initially it was a way to simply check rebar placements against minimum requirement etc. such as spacing diameters as you could run design for As req. in the older Revit Extensions which was Robot within Revit.

If this is the new method it really needs supporting documentation to support this as they are still using the Older Robot method in the online support/help literature.

Message 8 of 8
REDO10

@jasoncolcombe

No changes are made in the calculation of required or real rebar sections in Robot; only the method of importing real rebar sections from Robot to Revit has changed.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report