Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grating in Revit structure 2016

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
5854 Views, 3 Replies

Grating in Revit structure 2016

After 15 year's on Architectural Desktop, the company i worked for went out of buisness and i soon realized no one used the Desktop so i have been making the transition over to Revit 2016 which is progressing along pretty good so far. Does Revit have steel grating? What are those thick colored line's for in 3d view that show up on beam's and column's. Some appear offset on some of the beam's and centered on top of some of the beam;s.

If i needed to upload a screen shot to this forum how would i do that? Thank's

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Revit_Whisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

I will address these one at a time 😃

• Congrats on the transition to Revit!
  • For steel grating there are some options on seek...http://seek.autodesk.com/search.htm?prodid=autodesk:revit:2017:en/&q=grate&globaldd=globaldropdown.o...  If you don't need to actually show the grating, just schedule something to represent it there are lots of other options.
  • I have a feeling you are talking about the lines you see in an analytical view...guessing =)...these are the analytic representation of the structural elements.
  • Analytical.png
  • If you want to upload an image you can use the photos button on the toolbar above the writing area or you can attach a file using the attachments area below.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Revit_Whisperer

Thank's for the reply back. I think what your saying about the grating is: e.g. Place a slab for example the thickness of the grating and assign it a surface pattern that look's like grating. As for the "analytical" i am a little confused about why i need it. Also when i add a new level some of them dupicate in the browser box. I have one heading that say's FLOOR PLANS and one STRUCTURAL PLAN'S.

Message 4 of 4
Revit_Whisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

• Correct...for the grating you could just use a floor to represent the grate or you could build a component, but I have a feeling a floor will suffice.
  • The analytical model that is tied to the modeled elements if for analysis purposes.  You have a floor plan (Architectural discipline) which generally will not show the analytical model and the structural model which generally doesn't show architectural elements and then the analytical.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report