Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical Column schedule HELP

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
acuozzo
549 Views, 4 Replies

Graphical Column schedule HELP

Is there a way to include base plates in a graphical column schedule the proper way? And by proper way I mean by not creating a base plate as a "column" family. I found a past post which explained how to include a base plate by saving it as a column, but I can't get the format of the schedule correct. I've attached a pdf of what the column schedule *should* look like. I'm just wondering if there is an easier more proper way to do this.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
twebb4CYQY
in reply to: acuozzo

The graphical column schedule is as is says...for columns in the model.  If you wish to add other information such as your example, as you previously did before Revit you will have to do so manually. 

Keep in mind, the software is created for everyone and the "proper" way to do things is different for everyone.   To meet some of you're current drawing standards you'll likely require some revit workarounds, and some standards will just require updating to match your revit modelling standards and practices.

Message 3 of 5
Alfredo_Medina

And what if you load a baseplate family into the column family, and place the baseplate at the bottom of the family, with visibility settings and a yes/no parameter? The baseplate will appear in your column graphic schedule for those columns that show the baseplate.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 5
acuozzo
in reply to: twebb4CYQY

Okay, so it is possible, but how do i go about adding parameters to a GCS? I am not familiar with shared parameters
Message 5 of 5
Alfredo_Medina

You add parameters to the Structural Column category. Manage > Project Parameters > Add (select a shared parameter), then make it apply to Structural Columns. Then, you need to modify the tag for structural columns, to include the shared parameter that you just added. Then, in the GCS, you tag the columns with that tag. 

There is information about shared parameters in the Help documents, here:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-E7D12B71-C50D-46D8-886B-8E0C2B285988

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators