Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

English Canada family error dimensions with Revit french version

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
francois.st-hilaire
194 Views, 1 Reply

English Canada family error dimensions with Revit french version

Hi,

I have mesurement error using English Canada family with Revit french version. If a insert a structural column CISC HSS Square(CSA G40.21)-Column  152x152x4.8 into a drawing, the mesurements are 254x254mm. I have mesurement erros for all members. If a start Revit with the parameter /language ENU the mesurement are ok.

Does exist a solution if i want to continu using the french version ?

Thanks !

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @francois.st-hilaire 
Importing an English Canadian family into a project using French Revit
 is not supported. When the English family is opened in French Revit, the parameters get automatically translated into French (they are standard parameters coming from Revit sw), but the txt type catalog associated with the family stays in English (because it's a static text file).
Revit tries to fill in values for the French family parameters from the text file, can't find any (because the names don't match... that's what the error message is about), and the family gets loaded incorrectly.
This in turn leads to those weird issues with different dimensions in English and in French after import (the dimensions basically get corrupted).
French templates will always throw the errors, because they do not contain any of the CISC families (they need to be imported, which fails), while the Canadian templates do contain some CISC families already, so the problem wouldn't be visible there right away - not until you try importing additional types from the English txt.
Have you checked out this article yet? Country specific structural steel sections families cannot be used running any languages for Revit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators