Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

editing a wall profile

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
hvcprecast
609 Views, 8 Replies

editing a wall profile

Good morning .

I am trying to edit a concrete precast  wall profile . with one panel I could do my 1/2 gap very good but when I come to my second gap will not allow me to do a 1/2 gap but just snaps to the closest line and throws an error.

Any Idea what i am doing wrong?

John
Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
haydenwse
in reply to: hvcprecast

I use the gap tool to create PC panels and it is tough to get the joint where you want it on the click.  I just break that panels close to where I want them and then drive them to the correct dimension with a dimension string.  The gap is locked to both panel edges will adjust.  

Message 3 of 9
hvcprecast

The gap tool will split my whole wall , it actually won’t recognize that I want to jog half way down the wall , and that’s why I was asking for edit wall profile.

But i found my own solution , we have to very carful that all corners connect with each other , so when selecting a line type . instead of selecting a single line I selected a complete square line type and that solved my problem.

Thank you for your suggestion anyways.

John
Message 4 of 9
EdwinG

Maybe is parts something for you

See screencast

https://autode.sk/3iqbywm

Message 5 of 9
hvcprecast

Thank you , that will also work.

John
Message 6 of 9
haydenwse

I tried using the parts join tool but it really messed up the reinforcement.  That was back in 2016 so maybe it is better now but I have not tried it again.  (Now that you made me think about that project, the nightmares are going to start again, Dang it!)

Message 7 of 9
hvcprecast

not really my friend , I'm doing precast with Revit precast and no other precast paid addons and its very slick

John
Message 8 of 9
haydenwse

That was what I was doing as well only it was the the version before AD bought the addon.  I might need to try it again but have developed my own tools to do precast in revit.

Message 9 of 9
hvcprecast

would you mind sharing your tool

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators