Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying an edited element

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ksekhavati
435 Views, 6 Replies

copying an edited element

Hello All. I am trying to copy the wall on the left to a different location. The wall has been edited using ref. plane. When I copy this edited wall to a new location the original wall appears instead of the edited wall. Can anyone help? Thank you.Copy Wall.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ennujozlagam
in reply to: ksekhavati

you need to copy with the reference plane, i think they use the reference plane in cutting geometry or you can add reference plane and use cut geometry to cut the wall. thanks

geo.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 7
ksekhavati

Thanks for replying. I also have an issue copying steel beams which have been cut in section view between columns using ref. plane from one level to another level. Taking your advice I am unable to see ref. plane on a plan view to be able to copy the beams from one level to another level. I can pick all my steel beams but not the ref. planes which are only visible in section view

Message 4 of 7
ksekhavati
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thanks for replying. I also have an issue copying steel beams which have been cut in section view between columns using ref. plane from one level to another level. Taking your advice I am unable to see ref. plane on a plan view to be able to copy the beams from one level to another level. I can pick all my steel beams but not the ref. planes which are only visible in section view
Message 5 of 7
ennujozlagam

Another way is to copy your beam and create a reference plane to cut geometry or make them a group of your beam with reference plane and copy them to the next floor. 

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 7
ksekhavati

Thanks a lot for replying

Message 7 of 7
ksekhavati

Thanks a lot for replying

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report